ATP ATP 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

De Minaur played very very well. Went for winners and took the initiative all match.
In that case maybe I’ll watch it but I find his matches a chore to sit through. I watched Sinner and Griekspoor and the Dutchman wasn’t bad at all it’s just that Sinner is on another level to pretty much everyone at the moment.

Trying to watch a match of each tournaments SF’s. Delray Beach time. Started Paul/Tiafoe and it feels a little like an exhibition. Crowd I guess torn because it’s two Americans, but the rallies are just pushfests, and the court seems slow. Unsure if I’ll make it through this lol

Pretty good performance from ADM, he really is working on his controlled aggression (ie. when necessary) but Sinner is always going to be a brutal matchup for him.

I can’t complain at the start of his year

Such a shame he didn't beat Rublev in Aus. That is the only thing missing from his start.

Sinner is well coached and advised. Not playing much, unlike Carlos.

And even then Rublev played out of his skin in that 5th.

Speaking about playing too much. Not sure if playing Los Cabos is a great idea coming straight from Rotterdam for Alex since he's defending the Acapulco title the following week

Rio 500:

9E8AFAE8-4819-484F-9E1E-ACBA7228C292.jpeg

Started today. I mean just like last year it’s essentially Argentina on repeat but a 500 instead of a 250. Staggering. I think Alacaraz surely has to find form at some stage and it seems like a free 500 points on offer (well +170 given he was the finalist last year). I’m excited to see Fonseca and Fils to see if the young Brazillian has improved on last year.

Los Cabos 250:

52817FDD-055E-4B16-8693-242BD513EB61.jpeg

Yet this draw is only a 250…I know which tournament I’d rather attend although in saying that I love the clay and enjoyed Argentina. Great result for Purcell today defeating Arnaldi. A lot of big names who need results, looking at Tsitsipas and Ruud.

Doha 250:

B40D86C8-0C8D-4FBC-98DA-EC64E2E1F082.jpeg

A semi interesting draw. Popyrin survived this morning when it really shouldn’t be that close. Not sure what the heck is going on with Musetti because that’s just embarrassing. My attention is all on Mensik against ADF. ADF has been shocking for a while now so I give the youngster a chance. Andy Murray is looking for a win. Just a win will do.

Kokkinakis just beat Draper after being down a set and 5-4 with Draper serving. Great win. Match finished at 12:45am.

Not sure how we won that with some of the tennis he played in the first. Handy win

Like Acapulco, the late finishes are normal because it’s so hot during the day and they tend to have dinner late there

Just a curious observation, when would you think ATP will be challenged by a LIV style tennis federation in the future?
It’s actually perfect for Tennis tbh. The strict lack of funding for the top 100 is insane. Rank top 10 in the world, yeah the money is solid. The bottom 50 of the 100 still struggle.
Can see Kyrgios to be the poster boy. He’s done with the tennis tour, and if he gets a chance to sign millions would take if.

Think ATP need that shake up tbh.

I don't know when but I can definitely see it happening. Been rumblings for awhile about the earnings for lower tanked players and agree the ATP is due for a shake up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mensik! Defeats ADF, and I know ADF has been playing terribly but he actually played some really good tennis, but Mensik played really well. This kid has serious talent. I could see him being the one I follow post Djokovic. I think he and Prizmic are going to have some rivalry moving forward.

Taking a deeper dive into his game. He’s 6’4 yet moves well, not the very best mover but above average I‘d say and he’ll only get better as he gets stronger and works more on his acceleration. Sometimes has to resort to the slice when pushed out wide when he’ll eventually be able to get there quicker and hit over the ball. Serve is good, served an ace at 208 kph, so the technique is there to generate legit pace. 56% 1st serve so that can improve. I love his BH, he can generate massive power, CC and DTL, changes direction so easily. It can be a missile at times. Good strength defending out wide, strong wrists. FH is a little hit and miss, winning shots are there but can leak errors.

Net skills are good, finished off quite a few points at net and not just because he was forced in. Again this skill will only just get better but had some lovely deft volleys. Fundamentals look good. Can hit a slice, can defense really well, good rally tolerance. Point construction is probably a work in progress. Not bad, not amazing. It’s hard to predict the future of anyone outside of those freaks of nature like Alcaraz, but I am confident in this kid. I think he will win slams. I like him and his game. Only 18, so much time to improve all aspects of an already very impressive all around game. Plays Murray next.

Carlos retires

Honestly I said it before and I’ll say it again he’ll win all his slams in the first 5 years, his body won’t last
That was unlucky, similar to Zverev’s ankle injury at the French. He gave it a go after the MTO and actually started hitting real aggressively which is what he should be doing anyway. But couldn’t keep going, not worth the risk. Wonder how long it’ll keep him out for. You’d imagine IW is in doubt.

Mensik! Defeats ADF, and I know ADF has been playing terribly but he actually played some really good tennis, but Mensik played really well. This kid has serious talent. I could see him being the one I follow post Djokovic. I think he and Prizmic are going to have some rivalry moving forward.

Taking a deeper dive into his game. He’s 6’4 yet moves well, not the very best mover but above average I‘d say and he’ll only get better as he gets stronger and works more on his acceleration. Sometimes has to resort to the slice when pushed out wide when he’ll eventually be able to get there quicker and hit over the ball. Serve is good, served an ace at 208 kph, so the technique is there to generate legit pace. 56% 1st serve so that can improve. I love his BH, he can generate massive power, CC and DTL, changes direction so easily. It can be a missile at times. Good strength defending out wide, strong wrists. FH is a little hit and miss, winning shots are there but can leak errors.

Net skills are good, finished off quite a few points at net and not just because he was forced in. Again this skill will only just get better but had some lovely deft volleys. Fundamentals look good. Can hit a slice, can defense really well, good rally tolerance. Point construction is probably a work in progress. Not bad, not amazing. It’s hard to predict the future of anyone outside of those freaks of nature like Alcaraz, but I am confident in this kid. I think he will win slams. I like him and his game. Only 18, so much time to improve all aspects of an already very impressive all around game. Plays Murray next.
I think he'll handle Murray easily tonight, will be just too physical for him.

That was unlucky, similar to Zverev’s ankle injury at the French. He gave it a go after the MTO and actually started hitting real aggressively which is what he should be doing anyway. But couldn’t keep going, not worth the risk. Wonder how long it’ll keep him out for. You’d imagine IW is in doubt.

Problem is it’s not the first time that’s the issue.

Usual ADM against anyone who can hit the ball

Getting trounced 😂

Ignore his great week in Rotterdam (500 event) and then mentioned a loss when he flew halfway across the world and lost in the next couple of days in a 250 event.

Standard troll work

I saw him in Canberra this year and was really impressed with him as a 18 year old, he will be good.

And he beat Murray

Ignore his great week in Rotterdam (500 event) and then mentioned a loss when he flew halfway across the world and lost in the next couple of days in a 250 event.

Standard troll work

A bloke that hits through him he’s never winning sorry but this Hewitt style won’t work. Every second shot was a puffball. Go for the line and not mid court!

A bloke that hits through him he’s never winning sorry but this Hewitt style won’t work. Every second shot was a puffball. Go for the line and not mid court!

Just confirming you are just a troll

Just confirming you are just a troll

A top player would love to draw him 4th round onwards right now. Said it for a while if he wants this style that's his limit. If he actually wants to genuinely and I mean genuinely contend, he needs a complete change of coach and get Hewitt as far away from his group as possible. The top players are happy to miss, going for the line and missing is fine, hitting it mid court to get whacked is just asking for trouble. The game has changed, it's not 1990-2000 anymore where getting the ball in no errors win big championships, you need to be hitting winners off both sides. The one thing I will give ADM is his serve has improved a lot lately and he needs to continue this, playing long points every ball only ends one way long term. Personally feel his limit is in the 7-20 range, and he's at the upper limit of that unless he changes the style. Today may have been a poor day, but these type of opponents are all coming through there won't be less of them.

A top player would love to draw him 4th round onwards right now. Said it for a while if he wants this style that's his limit. If he actually wants to genuinely and I mean genuinely contend, he needs a complete change of coach and get Hewitt as far away from his group as possible. The top players are happy to miss, going for the line and missing is fine, hitting it mid court to get whacked is just asking for trouble. The game has changed, it's not 1990-2000 anymore where getting the ball in no errors win big championships, you need to be hitting winners off both sides. The one thing I will give ADM is his serve has improved a lot lately and he needs to continue this, playing long points every ball only ends one way long term. Personally feel his limit is in the 7-20 range, and he's at the upper limit of that unless he changes the style. Today may have been a poor day, but these type of opponents are all coming through there won't be less of them.

I'm not sure saying this over and over is achieving for you. Hence, my troll comment.

I don't give a **** if he never becomes no. 1. I actually agree you on his ranking range limit. All I care about is if I see gradual improvements in his game and he tries his best with what he's got. So far he's done that in 2024. Hopefully he keeps it going.

Again, flying halfway across the world to play in 250 event a couple of days later (probably appearance fee related), it's not going to matter too greatly if he bombs out first round. Which is why your original comment is just trolling. Pure unintelligent trolling.

I saw him in Canberra this year and was really impressed with him as a 18 year old, he will be good.

And he beat Murray
Just finished watching his match against Murray. Painful at times. In fact majority of the time it was painful. Windy conditions, lots of errors, not much rhythm. Murray probably should’ve won I mean you should see the set point he choked at 6-4 1st set. Absolutely diabolical miss. Lost 4 straight points to lose it, reckon all were UE.

Mensik flashed his skill and talent, some stunning backhands, some good net play, powerful serving, but he showed what a long way to go he has. And he still won, so probably paints a picture about Murray. Mensik was FAR too defensive throughout, barely attempted to get the upper hand in rallies. His FH was also really bad at times, leaked errors. Led 5-2 final set double break, yet needed to win in a TB. A good win, good learning experience, but yeah it wasn’t pretty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back