ATP ATP 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Thommo is down to play Acapulco this week (along with Zverev, Tsitsipas, de Minaur and others).

If he makes it past R1 (you could forgive him for being a bit tired) he would have a R2 re-match vs Ruud..

Thommo is down to play Acapulco this week (along with Zverev, Tsitsipas, de Minaur and others).

If he makes it past R1 (you could forgive him for being a bit tired) he would have a R2 re-match vs Ruud..
Plays qualifier then rune, I'd back him to make R3 Screenshot_20240226-142335.png

Acapulco 500:

61230AAD-1E1E-4D8C-ADF7-9FB029C7B0C8.jpeg

I think this is my favourite 500 event on the calendar. Great draw, good timezone, awesome main stadium and crowds. I think Fritz wins this one, that’s my gut feel.

Dubai 500:

A51C6E84-1D72-4670-8A15-E7D11A8A477B.jpeg

Medvedev returns, his first tournament since the AO. Plays the dangerous Shevchenko first, so could be a tough battle to begin. Mensik is here, and it’ll be interesting to see how he backs up his incredible run in Qatar. Coric will make him earn every point, and I’d be backing the veteran as backing up such a run is pretty tough. Shapovalov vs Murray is an intriguing R1 match. Popyrin plays Khachanov R1 after meeting in the semis just last week. AO sensation Arthur Cazaux came through qualifying and plays the horribly out of form Musetti.

Santiago 250:

D76CADD3-9B87-4B4E-8329-44C2D971F32C.jpeg

17 y/o Brazilian Joao Fonseca has received a WC after his great run in Rio. Fils will try and find some success on the South American swing because he’s looked dismal the last month.

I’m with you on Acupulco being my favourite 500 event. Might even be my favourite event outside the slams. Great timezone and great crowds is a winner for me.

Thompson had history against in getting through the first round in Acapulco. History shows that non-top 10 players winning tournaments fall over in the first round next tournament.

Fritz loses the first set, my prediction looking good lol

Arnaldi is talented but he’s been woeful this year, and I expected that to continue.

C’mon Taylor pull your finger out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh wow Fritz is so bad. The guy has no belief in himself, whenever he hits a bad shot or if things don’t go his way he loses his bundle emotionally. Pathetic.

Another 3 setter too. Shame, because certainly would’ve entered the top 30 had he won or even against Ruud in the second round
It's not such a bad thing to rest up before the month-long HC swing in IW/Florida. Especially if you play top-level doubles as well as singles.

Love the fact that I can come home from work and there’s still tennis on, and quality tennis. Of what I saw, great first set between Shelton and Ruud, with the youngster taking it in a TB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back