ATP ATP Tour - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Another bizarre match although without the drama, really handy 500 points that gets him seeded in New York, not that he gives a s***.

Time to do this at a 1000 event...

Beating the world no 6 and 10 not good enough for ya?

Yes, it was a great week.

But it's now time to do it at a 1000 event. Atm, seems to be going for the 500 slam.

Gees lets a towel get to him and loses in straight sets to Edmund. Just now the guy Kyrgios beats in Washington, Medvedev, thrashes Edmund 6-3, 6-0

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Nick just had an interesting match in Cincy.

Lets just say a ban will be incoming. Nick always treads a fine line between what is acceptable on the tennis court. For me, that line is continuing abusing umpires. argue with them all you what, but abuse should not be tolerated. That is not entertainment and he needs to work on cutting that part of his game out or at least find another way to express it. It is a shocking look to the kids Nick works so hard to get involved.

lol on leaving the court to smash racquets. Safin would be proud.

Edit: thought i post how it started. Via the tennis podcast twitter feed.

Kyrgios vs. Djokovic ain’t happening. Here’s why. (Thread). Karen Khachanov d. Nick Kyrgios 6-7, 7-6, 6-2 Kyrgios was 7-6, 4-3, and 0-30 on the Khachanov serve. Didn’t break. Kyrgios served and went up 5-4, but said Fergus Murphy was starting the shot-clock too early.

Kyrgios was not warned for a time violation. Just irritated at the perceived time the Chair Umpire was starting the clock between his service points. Ranted at 5-4 sit down that the same didn’t happen to Nadal. This argument at Murphy continued for the rest of the match.

Khachanov, amidst the meltdown, won the second set on a tie-break. Kyrgios screamed that Fergus Murphy, who appeared to have done little wrong, was ‘THE WORST F****** REF EVER!!!’ Code violation for unsportsmanlike conduct, point penalty. Set all.

Kyrgios left the court for a ‘bathroom break’. Took two racquets with him. Camera in corridor saw him get out of sight, smash both against the wall, and return, not having gone to the bathroom, with two broken racquets. Ranting continued for next 4 games until 2-2.

Final 4 games took 9 minutes - combination of Khachanov’s good play and Kyrgios losing the plot. He tanked the final game, blatantly. Kyrgios walked to Fergus Murphy, didn’t shake hands, said to his face ‘You’re a f****** tool, bro’. And spat onto ground in front of the chair.

Karen Khachanov’s composure was impressive. Fergus Murphy handled it all incredibly well. Kyrgios‘ behaviour was perplexing, ridiculous, and at the end, disgusting.

Last edited:
Nick just seems to be finding ways to lose his s***. I had the match on in the background at work and from the tennis it all seemed like a normal close match. Does he like the attention of all his temper tantrums or something? What a weird way to lose it, did he even get a time violation?

Nick just seems to be finding ways to lose his s***. I had the match on in the background at work and from the tennis it all seemed like a normal close match. Does he like the attention of all his temper tantrums or something? What a weird way to lose it, did he even get a time violation?
sort of. reading through the comments, it seems the first was for swearing after the 2nd set, 2nd was time violation for regripping his tennis racquet after the above.

In Nick's defence If they started a shot clock directed at him I'd be annoyed also, Rafa takes an eternity and I've never seen him pulled up on it.

In Nick's defence If they started a shot clock directed at him I'd be annoyed also, Rafa takes an eternity and I've never seen him pulled up on it.
The shot clock is started after the score is announced. After long rallies the crowd usually clap and cheer and delay the umpire from announcing the score. So from that perspective, there is a discrepancy in time allowance at times.

This is in no way a defence of kyrgios. He shpuld receive a ban. His behaviour should not be accepted by the atp tour, but they are too weak to make that kind of decision. The way he disrespects umpires is completely out of line.

i think its time for the ATP to impose a signficant ban on kyrgios, its his only hope i believe to reform himself but i dont think that is possible.

My idea of a ban would be 6 months out of the game at a minimum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back