ATP ATP Tour - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
A ban is not going to reform his behaviour. It will just amplify his victim complex.
ATP should ban him for a month/s to protect the integrity of umpires. You just can't have that sort of abuse when you are doing your job.

I agree. It will do crap to Nick, as he doesn't care. But it must send a msg to other fans and officials/players that this type of abuse is not tolerated. It seems a little more common nowadays that the chair umpires are putting up with this. Serena/USTA against Ramos last year the obvious example. Heck, the pressure the big 3 put on the umpires to do what they want them to do sickens me. If you don't, then you never get to umpire one of their matches again. That should not happen. All of this is not right and it has to stop.

Last edited:
It's about the same fine Serena got threatening to kill a linejudge. Don't really seem the fine as out of the norm tbh.

ATP are in an awkward spot with Nick, that's for sure... They've got a next gen problem

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
RBA must be about to crack the top 10 for the first time. Didn't play Cincinnati last year, and currently the highest ranked player in his half of the draw.

Fognini (didn't play) and Khachanov (R3) both defended their 2018 result here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
e. Heck, the pressure the big 3 put on the umpires to do what they want them to do sickens me. If you don't, then you never get to umpire one of their matches again. That should not happen. All of this is not right and it has to stop.
On this

Doesnt make it right.

Umpires should be fully independent of the players and should only answer to the ATP/WTA/ITF

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
So Bernie defending winning Chengdu this week.

Has to go through qualifiers and has Istomin first up.

Pretty stiff you don't get a WC for the tournament you won the year before, particularly when China are not exactly known for men's tennis players.

Bernie has 525 ranking points and is currently world 109.

250 of those points from Chengdu.

If he fails to qualify he will tumble to 184 in the world.

He hasn't played since retiring in Cincy, fair to say he is massively in the poop.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Bernie defending winning Chengdu this week.

Has to go through qualifiers and has Istomin first up.

Pretty stiff you don't get a WC for the tournament you won the year before, particularly when China are not exactly known for men's tennis players.

Bernie has 525 ranking points and is currently world 109.

250 of those points from Chengdu.

If he fails to qualify he will tumble to 184 in the world.

He hasn't played since retiring in Cincy, fair to say he is massively in the poop.
Bailed after losing the first set. I'm surprised to be sitting here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back