ATP ATP Tour - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Nice to see Andy Murray make it to a QF in an ATP 500 event, ultimately fell to Thiem but still that's big progress considering where he has come from.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Djokovic a class above johnny of course. Great effort by millman to make only his 2nd atp tour final this week. Should be proud of his efforts.

This is a small step for djokovic to end the year as #1. He is still 1500 points behind Nadal in the race to London and will need a similar result in shanghai next week.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Is Nadal just missing this week through load management ? Just find it a little strange as Djokovic can close the gap to 500 points in the year end no 1 chase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Whilst YE#1 is the greater accomplishment more generally, for Nadal I think the YEC gap on his resume makes it a more significant goal. Can easily seize both, but if I were him I'd be extremely motivated to finally tick that off.

Interesting stat about the U23s in Masters semis. Had to go searching, and came up with Hamburg (clay) in May 1999. 23yo Rios beat 21yo Zabaleta, with 22yo Lapentti & Moya in the SFs. Of course, by that point Rios had already been #1, Moya had a slam, Lapentti had the AO SF. Even among the quarterfinalists, Henman was oldest at 24yo.

Surprised that the nextgen couldn't achieve this between 2000-04. With guys like Hewitt, Safin, Ferrero, Roddick, Nalbandian, Federer, among others, you'd think there would be an U23 Masters SFs in there somewhere. Paris 2000 is close, as Guga & Scud had only just turned 24yo. Rome 2001 & Hamburg 2002 had no 25yos, that's the next best I've found.

Last edited:

Sempfy

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Clinical from Medvedev, predictable from Zverev. That was anyone's first set up until he gifted those 2 points to Medvedev on his own serve to lose the set. Never really recovered after that while Medvedev just did what Medvedev does, so reliable from the back of the court and his court coverage for someone 198cm tall is remarkable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back