ATP ATP Tour 2020

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Legit question though.. why are there Clay Court tournaments right in the middle of hard court season? Straight after Aus Open. Dumb really.
Mager wins an ATP 500 and his ranking goes from 128 to 77. What’s his grass and hard court game like? Exactly.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Legit question though.. why are there Clay Court tournaments right in the middle of hard court season? Straight after Aus Open. Dumb really.
Mager wins an ATP 500 and his ranking goes from 128 to 77. What’s his grass and hard court game like? Exactly.
I just going to guess but I reckon the ATP(rightly I feel) wants a small South American leg of the tour and this is the only time in the tour which is free to do so.

And they just happen to be clay tournaments, because that is what they play over there. I feel if Nick or any other player is upset by these players getting inflated rankings, then they could quite easily play these events as well.

Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Monfils had 3 match points in the 2nd set tiebreak at 6-3, but ended up losing for the 17th straight time to djokovic. So close!
Surely no other player in history has come back from match points down as often as Djokovic has.

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
I just going to guess but I reckon the ATP(rightly I feel) wants a small South American leg of the tour and this is the only time in the tour which is free to do so.

And they just happen to be clay tournaments, because that is what they play over there. I feel if Nick or any other player is upset by these players getting inflated rankings, then they could quite easily play these events as well.

i'd say this is it. and given it's summer in south america in feb, it is the season to schedule them after the Australian leg of the tour.

Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Tsitsipas, Khachanov and Fritz all once again denied by Djokvoic/Nadal. It's tough going for the next gen, even in the 500's.

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Two wins for ADM so far in the Valencia challenge. He got into his stride early on.
Beat Andujar who was very rusty and Carreno Busta both in straight sets. Against Bautista Agut tonight.
Guess at this time you grab any match practice you can.

No fans and looks odd though with only one umpire and three ballboys/girls. At least a clay court makes it easier to call the lines.

Back