ATP ATP Tour 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Medvedev lost to bautista agut. I'd love tsitsipas to win the us open.
errrr......:oops:

haha. oh boy oh boy. that is what happens when you just read the first tweet in the morning and dont bother to see the scores.

I was meant to say BGA. yeah, I go with that. bad typo.

Novak(just) v Another game for Milos Raonic final.

The big news though is the formation of a new players council. Tennis politics is always messing. Simon Briggs is probably the best resource on twitter about it. there are other posts besides this one

no idea what it truly means outside the fact that tennis politics is messy and civil wars even worse. I will also say that if Novak thinks something is a good idea, and RF RN don't, then it is probably isn't. He hasn't got a great track record this past year.

Professional Tennis Players Association. That is Novaks new "union". Despite its name, it is only for the mens side and the top 500.

I just don't see what the aim is, outside more money. Novak been on and on about that for years. He had that run in and sacked the previous ATP chairman over it just a couple of years ago. Just stinks of a Novak power play move. And, despite its name, it doesn't have every player. Obviously, no women and one thinks there is a good reason for that and that is to defend against a possible merger. Stanimal has been liking tweets against it. Stan is close to Fed and Nadal, who have always been against Novak on the boardroom level. There is a photo op on Saturday night, new york time. We know of 4 players, with the 3 main ones being Novak, Isner and Pospisil. We await to see the devil in the detail.

As you can tell, I think it will fail and I hope it does. The ATP was formed by the players and they do have a 50% share of that table. It is not perfect but to start a war when tennis has just restarted. And the gall to call it the Professional Tennis Players Association and ignore the other half. It is not a union of tennis players, it is just Novak and co trying to get more money at the time when tennis can least afford radical change.

as expected, Fedal are against it.

Last edited:
Professional Tennis Players Association. That is Novaks new "union". Despite its name, it is only for the mens side and the top 500.

I just don't see what the aim is, outside more money. Novak been on and on about that for years. He had that run in and sacked the previous ATP chairman over it just a couple of years ago. Just stinks of a Novak power play move. And, despite its name, it doesn't have every player. Obviously, no women and one thinks there is a good reason for that and that is to defend against a possible merger. Stanimal has been liking tweets against it. Stan is close to Fed and Nadal, who have always been against Novak on the boardroom level. There is a photo op on Saturday night, new york time. We know of 4 players, with the 3 main ones being Novak, Isner and Pospisil. We await to see the devil in the detail.

As you can tell, I think it will fail and I hope it does. The ATP was formed by the players and they do have a 50% share of that table. It is not perfect but to start a war when tennis has just restarted. And the gall to call it the Professional Tennis Players Association and ignore the other half. It is not a union of tennis players, it is just Novak and co trying to get more money at the time when tennis can least afford radical change.

as expected, Fedal are against it.

Seemed to have at least half the men's players involved, interesting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His ball is too flat for clay, it just sits there and then ends up trying to rush is and makes silly errors. pretty disappointing loss from 6-4, 3-1 up but not overly surprising.

Millman had a nice tight straight sets win over Joao Sousa, has Schwartzman in the next round which won't be played till tomorrow night because of the Monday final they have here.

Really shocked he had the weapons to beat Nadal, was it really just an off day for Nadal ?

Bit of both. Nadal keeps missed his first serve. But also on the other hand Diego was playing really really well. Playing the angle, and very short drop shot.
There are plenty of long highlights of this game on YouTube.

Berrettini also have a bad day. That was a very long match. 3 sets in 3 hours, but kudos to Rudd to win it.

Shapovalov should beat Diego, but you'll never know what'll happen on the matchday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back