Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
I'm not a Trump fan as my posting history would suggest, but the constant joking about his body has made me uncomfortable, and I wonder what kind of message we are sending, both with the discourse itself, and the kinds of people who are seen promulgating it.

I think we should have principles from time to time, instead of allowing Trump's bullying tactics to set our tone. Michelle Obama said something about that.

Early on his young child was attacked, and that was seen as out of bounds. Shouldn't these standards be extended to mocking the colour of his skin, his weight, size of his hands, potential size of his manhood, and other attacks which really reflect our unfortunate attitudes towards judging all people by these characteristics?

In other words, what if little Johnny or Jenny is sitting at home watching this and they are overweight, or have small hands? Or maybe there are teenage boys out there who feel valued based on the size of their penises?

This kind of teasing of physical features should really be on the fringe, but unfortunately mainstream and otherwise sensitive TV hosts are now seen openly mocking someone on their appearance, thereby legitimizing these kinds of bullying and schoolyard attacks.

I'd rather we attack nobody for the colour of their skin, their penis size, their hand size, their baldness, their bad hairdos, their weight, their brain capacity, and so on. It's really just an attack on less fortunate people with the same or similar problems.

Thank you.

Last edited:
It's both sides attacking each other.

Just look at the Trump thread - a bunch of supposed evolved, mega minds posting the same things over and over again, attacking each other relentlessly using nothing but unimaginative memes and childish insults.

Without doubt the most pathetic thread I've seen on this site and a disgrace that the behaviour that goes on in there is allowed and seemingly encouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back