Poo Mega Thread Attention: Coronavirus Doomsday Preppers - RUN FORREST RUN! ‘Wear a mask whilst driving your car alone or we all die’

Remove this Banner Ad

Flogs in a whatsApp group I'm in seriously suggesting we should roll out ankle bracelets so the authorities can monitor everyone that is supposed to be in quarantine :$

What the fu** is the world coming to?
You know we are all f***ed when all the sensible people are on the Bay :huh:

Why bring ice?

Only a peasant would put ice in decent scotch anyway. And it's not as if antarctica has a shortage of ice if you are a peasant.
1584444693232.png

No scotch for you in the Dins and Elmer_Judd igloo

Flogs in a whatsApp group I'm in seriously suggesting we should roll out ankle bracelets so the authorities can monitor everyone that is supposed to be in quarantine :$

What the fu** is the world coming to?
Update: It was pointed out that ankle bracelets might happen to be a breach of privacy so someone has helpfully suggested the use of drones to track people instead :rainbow:

With the equipment & know how you could always go bush for a couple of months. Camp out somewhere in the outback, live by hunting kangaroos & fishing. Could be problematic if you or your partner/kids happened to get injured, but might be preferable if the virus were to mutate into something more deadly.

I bet there's Aboriginals living in remote areas who aren't bothered by Coronavirus and may never even hear of it.

With the equipment & know how you could always go bush for a couple of months. Camp out somewhere in the outback, live by hunting kangaroos & fishing. Could be problematic if you or your partner/kids happened to get injured, but might be preferable if the virus were to mutate into something more deadly.

I bet there's Aboriginals living in remote areas who aren't bothered by Coronavirus and may never even hear of it.
plus my 6/7 rules on survival...buts thats in another thread...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Update: It was pointed out that ankle bracelets might happen to be a breach of privacy so someone has helpfully suggested the use of drones to track people instead :rainbow:
* me, these clowns will take us another step closer to having a chip inserted on everyone

You're all carrying a tracking device in your pocket, and unless you're one of the minority of people who knows / gives enough of a s**t how to change the setting - it's actively tracking you. And, I hear recently turning off the tracking doesn't turn it off anyway. There's another step after that to really turn it off.

The corporate and player greed has really come to the surface in this dispute over the number of games. Now they're trying to dress it up as concern for the lower paid employees, rather than themselves and the exorbitant amounts they get to play a stupid game of AFLM.

Unbelievable the panic buying in Australia. Don’t people realise you’ll still be able to go to the shops during quarantine?
Mate if you expect rationality or even a shred of collective intelligence from the general public you're going to be let down. Our species produces smart individuals but the average person is painfully... average.

So of course they're rushing about is if they think the world is going to end, because even a minor disruption to their safe little lives is enough to throw them into fits of terror, fearing change as I suppose all primates do. We really are a bunch of primitive apes and it doesn't take much for the thin veil of civilization and civility to drop, revealing our bestial natures.

Then again after saying that -I try to embrace the virtue of seeing issues from multiple points of view these days- it must be said the 'post-truth' media landscape has us all doubting the veracity of every source, so most news gets reduced to the level of gossip and suddenly the burden to confirm or deny from multiple sources falls on us rather than the journos who used to exist. If anything that worsens the problem as it exposes us to a wider variety of opinions even on issues like global warming we assumed would be cut & dry, amplifying our confusion unless we take the time to dig deeper.

Full disclaimer I did do some shopping this morning and filled up a handbasket with food, buying only slightly more than I usually would. This particular store -an independent supermarket not part of the duopoly- already has a 1 per item per customer policy and some of the shelves were near empty, mostly the kinds of long life foods you'd expect. Higher numbers of shoppers too, but little sign of panic in voices or faces. Only a solitary sample size, but it raises the thought it isn't merely the danger of the virus that's been over-reported & exaggerated but also the panic of rabid humans willing to kill ya for a dunny roll.

Mate if you expect rationality or even a shred of collective intelligence from the general public you're going to be let down. Our species produces smart individuals but the average person is painfully... average.

Intelligence doesn't help much either.

There's a growing belief in the psych world that any rational decision making is a self delusion. That all of the decisions get made by the remnant primitive part of the brain, and only after the decision is made our higher brain creates an overlay that makes us feel like we worked it out through intellect.

It's kind of like when Microsoft released it's first Windows O/S. It all looked shiny and new, but underneath the surface DOS was still chugging away in charge.

This happy myth works (barely) ok up to a certain level of stress or uncertainty. After that, the whole process turns to s**t. We're telling ourselves that the higher brain can cope with the situation, but the part that's actually running the railroad is way out of it's depth and starts lashing out "illogically".

When the going gets tough, the inner beast can't be successfully covered up anymore.

There's a growing belief in the psych world that any rational decision making is a self delusion. That all of the decisions get made by the remnant primitive part of the brain, and only after the decision is made our higher brain creates an overlay that makes us feel like we worked it out through intellect.
Precisely the kind of pseudo-intellectual bullshit I'd expect from the loony postmodernists.

I'm just dying to know how Beethoven's wrote his 9th symphony with the "primitive" part of his brain. :straining:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back