Attention- Kevin Mitchell Jnr.

Remove this Banner Ad

lol. so first they should book it even though there's every chance it wouldn't be there, to now let cricket, cricket loses the rights to the stadiums over winter

Lions Rd.2 is 10 days away, hardly the amount of time he wants to ensure it sown properly - 4 weeks was it? - noticably the GABBA has been entirely silent on whether the stadium will be ready......keeping in mind the AFL holds power down south and will make CA pay for this big time.

It's been about 4 weeks since the concert so whilst it's on the early side it's a start. At least it's not 3 weeks (this week). An extra week will help massively.

It's not critical for the ground to be used this week. They would have known they needed it ready by Rd2. It will be. That's all that matters!

Look. Cricket requires a very good surface. Afl doesn't really need a good surface. The ball is carried or kicked through the air. So they were right to make sure the grass will be good for the cricket. Its just unlucky it took so long to be ok for palying on. Unlucky. Now move on. Also mitchell made this call 4 weeks ago. Half way through the aflw. He didnt know they would definetly host the gf. Grow up you sooks

If its this crucial why didn't the QCA ban all footy from the Gabba?

Why is there a need to. Once the pitches have been fixed the ground can be used. It's only a AFLW game. It is critical to prepare this pitch as it will be the one used for the test match!

I blame the concert anyway why even put the stage near the pitch!

the AFLW GF is not a curtain raiser to the lions v suns Qclash it is actually a curtain raiser to a NEAFL trial match ie. suns v lions.

12.55pm- AFLW Grand Final, Lions v Crows.
4.40pm- NEAFL practice match, Lions v Suns.
7.05pm- Qclash, Lions v Suns.

as the grand final is free entry patrons will have to exit the ground after the GF presentation and lap of honour and then gates will be re opened again at 4.30pm.

It's only a AFLW game.

Wonder how you would feel if the situation was reversed......that it was the Swans (your team) earned the right to play at the SCG, but lo and behold the pitch is not right, and the curator has planted lawn for a cricket game in November, too bad buddy, go play elsewhere is his attitude....

....so you end up having to play out at the Greater Western Sydney ground or perhaps even down at Canberra..

Think about that for a minute.....would you be peed off?

I think you would be.

Glad that the GABBA won't ever go towards drop ins thankfully. Lot easier to be like a bowling green when the pitch is growing off site lol

Pity the GABBA pitch generally provides more for everyone. It hasn't the last couple and Mitchell will be the first to admit the last couple have been poor, but I have every confidence this year will be better and back to his usual top notch standard.

Just fyi, it's "The 'Gabba", not the G-A-B-B-A. Love that you're flying the flag for KMJ because he is the best in the world at what he does. Cheers, peace, love

As a former cricket administrator, it's refreshing to see football stuffed up by cricket for a change.

What a spiteful attitude. Indirectly you are having a shot at my Lions, because that is who this affects most.....or is that who you meant to have a go at?

If was the AFL in general, your attitude is not hurting them, it is my team.........so therefor I hope your hawks fall off their perch this year and 18 Cats pounce and rip the hawks to pieces!

Wonder how you would feel if the situation was reversed......that it was the Swans (your team) earned the right to play at the SCG, but lo and behold the pitch is not right, and the curator has planted lawn for a cricket game in November, too bad buddy, go play elsewhere is his attitude....

....so you end up having to play out at the Greater Western Sydney ground or perhaps even down at Canberra..

I think you would be.
yes we would. welcome to last years finals series. expect it was some stupid contract rather than someone trying to look after the surface.

We had to put up with the MLB back in 2014. Gold Coast will miss their stadium for the commonwealth games. It happens.

I think you would be.

I'd understand it actually. Both grounds first and foremost are cricket grounds. If they had to fix the wicket to make it better for everyone long term I'd be annoyed but I'd understand it. In those circumstances I'd have no issue playing a game a grand total of 1 hr drive away (you know the same as Carrara is this week). You will live it's 50mins away!

I'd understand it actually. Both grounds first and foremost are cricket grounds. If they had to fix the wicket to make it better for everyone long term I'd be annoyed but I'd understand it. In those circumstances I'd have no issue playing a game a grand total of 1 hr drive away (you know the same as Carrara is this week). You will live it's 50mins away!

Not for me it's not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a former cricket administrator, it's refreshing to see football stuffed up by cricket for a change.

So your resentment at the triumph of football completely dominates any empathy for these women in the first ever aflw grand final being denied to play at their home ground. When the cultural cringe gets a bit repulsive...

The Ashes is way more important than the AFLW GF.
So important that a pitch for it has to be prepared 9 months in advance?
Given that the AFL stops being played in August, if Mitchell can't prepare a pitch in 3 months for the Ashes he should be sacked for incompetence.

So important that a pitch for it has to be prepared 9 months in advance?
Given that the AFL stops being played in August, if Mitchell can't prepare a pitch in 3 months for the Ashes he should be sacked for incompetence.

It takes more than that amount of time. Ask any curator.

It's annoying for me. I live 6 hours north of Brisbane and am planning to drive down for the game. Might have to reconsider if it's moved to the Gold Coast.

If you wanted to you should take it up with cricket Victoria....or do you think that the shield cricket should still be paid in a 100,000 seat stadium?

It's Victoria's home ground! They have played more games there than the women's Lions team have played at The Gabba.

If you wanted to you should take it up with cricket Victoria....or do you think that the shield cricket should still be paid in a 100,000 seat stadium?

No I think it should be played at a cricket ground, in the state of the team that earned the right to a home final.
(Yes I know that advantages Victoria and not SA).

It's Victoria's home ground! They have played more games there than the women's Lions team have played at The Gabba.

If indeed it still is Victoria's home ground is beyond ridiculous. Nobody attends the Sheffield shield, even finals. Just a ridiculous anachronism

The only reason the women weren't aloud to play at the gabba is because they weren't allowed to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back