Oppo Camp Atu Bosenavulagi (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was fine on the occasions on which he got involved. He, Brown and Wills are all in the relegation zone based on this week however, with Cox, Scharenberg and then Sidebottom the week after to come back in.

Last edited:

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only his second game and a very different looking game in terms of gamestyle.

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don’t forget his bump on the boundary line that gave WHE a shot at goal.

I think he struggled this week as he didn’t have a “tall” to rove off, but he’ll be better for the run.

We had 8 tackles inside 50. He had 2.
All other players only had 1 each.

Johno9911

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bit of a hard one to judge for him tonight I think. Didn’t look dangerous but at least stuck some tackles and provided good pressure inside 50.

Sometimes small forwards when goals aren’t going their way they drop the head and do nothing, good to see he was still prepared to tackle and pressure the opposition even though he wasn’t getting any scoring opportunities himself.

Stays for mine, not sure we have another player like him atm.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brown played 30 games by Round 7 of his first season? If you’re comparing the players at the same stage of their career, Atu has probably played 2 games more...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

They’re both on the chopping block. Need to get some games into Sier, Appleby, Broomhead, etc, so we can use some of our depth through the compressed part of the season.
Atu had a good game first up. invisible Last night. See him in a few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
Why do "fans" (rather than supporters) believe that EVERY player has to have personal best games every week or else they're no hopers?
Small forwards have always struggled to get high stat counts or Hit the Scoreboard and HFF was even called "starvation corner" for a reason. Atu (and everyone else for that matter) played his role and tried to help his team mates whenever he could. It's not at all strange for young players to dip in and out of form from game to game (even quarter to quarter) but the fans leave no leeway for this succumbing to criticism and relegation as a first reaction.
Even JDG last night, people have been critical of him all year, he kills it last night and he's a champ again. Last week Mihocek and Atu were fantastic, last night Checkers didn't kick a goal....the fact that we have different players popping up, doing well is a great sign. Not everyone can be a Pendlebury or a Buckley.....the mere mortal players often have their quiet games.

Let's just let them play and enjoy THAT?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
One of those tackles was a thing of beauty.

Very quiet otherwise but happy to keep him in.

Winning gives you that luxury.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Good for him to get a taste of what’s required, I imagine with all the extra pressure with the shorter games that it’s not easy for debutants you adjust. Would be ideal if he had a competition to go back to refine his craft...hopefully we see him back in the side before the seasons out. I really liked his attributes, he just needs to learn the game and to kick!

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
One quiet game for him and then going straight back to Thomas (who I’m not sure has much upside left) can’t be a great sign in terms of what we think of him.

Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?
After a very promising debut and then a couple of so/so performances (including a very/very late call up) how do we feel about Atu B moving forward?

My personal opinion is that he might be in trouble if list sizes get reduced. I'd be happy to move him back to the rookie list to see how he continues to develop (if we can) but just feel like he doesn't quite have it.

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
After a very promising debut and then a couple of so/so performances (including a very/very late call up) how do we feel about Atu B moving forward?

My personal opinion is that he might be in trouble if list sizes get reduced. I'd be happy to move him back to the rookie list to see how he continues to develop (if we can) but just feel like he doesn't quite have it.
He's exceeded expectations for me. I would try to keep him. There's quite a few on the list I would cut before him. Also, I'm hoping that when the VFL/eastern seaboard comp starts up next year, we can give some guys who were cut (who normally wouldn't of been if not for covid), we can list some of those guys on our reserves list and keep them in our the program.

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Theres a bit to work with Atu, he was very good vs the Hawks with some silky moves and great pressure. The game against WCE where he had 10 minutes to warm up really didn't count.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back