Oppo Camp Atu Bosenavulagi (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we gave up on him too soon.He only had three senior games for us last year,as far as I can recall.One game against Hawthorn where he looked very promising,then two games against good sides in Geelong and West Coast in Perth,where he looked a little overwhelmed.Unfortunately he was never picked again.so we never got to see what he was capable of.I think a three game sample is way too small a sample to make a judgement call on a player.
I don't think it was about us giving up on him, it was more about him already recieving a offer from North before we sorted out if we could offer him a contract once list spots were known. Think he also was after more opportunity.

I don't think it was about us giving up on him, it was more about him already recieving a offer from North before we sorted out if we could offer him a contract once list spots were known. Think he also was after more opportunity.

Lot better chance getting a Game at North then at Collingwood.

Atu did nothing that made him look Promising in the VFL

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think we gave up on him too soon.He only had three senior games for us last year,as far as I can recall.One game against Hawthorn where he looked very promising,then two games against good sides in Geelong and West Coast in Perth,where he looked a little overwhelmed.Unfortunately he was never picked again.so we never got to see what he was capable of.I think a three game sample is way too small a sample to make a judgement call on a player.

Absolutely , yet some are gifted a 51 sample of games , and can`t kick over 35 metres,yet retained on the list after 5 years, go figure

Mostfamousclub_Pies

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Absolutely , yet some are gifted a 51 sample of games , and can`t kick over 35 metres,yet retained on the list after 5 years, go figure
Mark Richardson was given twelve years to come good, but never did. If your old man is in the Team of the Century you’ll be given plenty of time.

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mark Richardson was given ten years to come good, but never did. If your old man is in the Team of the Century you’ll be given plenty of time.

Come on , Mark Richardson played some good footy for us, was an unfairly marked target , after it was "alleged" , that his father Wayne, who was on the board at the time, was against us getting Lockett , after Plugger declared he wanted to be a Pie, it became footy folklore amongst the Coterie groups, Members and supporters, that Wayne, stated , he did not want his son to be competing for a position in the team with Lockett , and his casting vote, tipped the ledger to us not getting Plugger

Mostfamousclub_Pies

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Come on , Mark Richardson played some good footy for us, was an unfairly marked target , after it was "alleged" , that his father Wayne, who was on the board at the time, was against getting Lockett , after Plugger declared he wanted to be a Pie, it became footy folklore amongst the Coterie groups, Members and supporters, that Wayne, stated , he did not want his son to be competing for a position in the team with Lockett , and his casting vote, tipped the ledger to us not getting Plugger
I never heard that, but I’ll take your word for it.
That’s disgraceful if true. Nepotism of the highest order.
Mark Richardson did play some okay footy, but he played some shithouse footy as well.

Aug 27, 2017
Canberra, ACT
AFL Club
Collingwood
Come on , Mark Richardson played some good footy for us, was an unfairly marked target , after it was "alleged" , that his father Wayne, who was on the board at the time, was against us getting Lockett , after Plugger declared he wanted to be a Pie, it became footy folklore amongst the Coterie groups, Members and supporters, that Wayne, stated , he did not want his son to be competing for a position in the team with Lockett , and his casting vote, tipped the ledger to us not getting Plugger
I've been watching the Pies for 50 years and I don't recall Mark ever playing good footy. He was a constant disappointment as a player.

Aug 27, 2017
Canberra, ACT
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mark Richardson did play some okay footy, but he played some shithouse footy as well.
Correct, played a lot of shite footy. Was not once named in the best players that I can recall.

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

I met Wayne a few times, never had the courage to ask him if it was true, lovely guy , champion footballer , him , Barry Price out of the centre square , roving too Thompson , lace out too McKenna leading out from full forward , OHHH Glory Days,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been watching the Pies for 50 years and I don't recall Mark ever playing good footy. He was a constant disappointment as a player.

Yet Again Collingwood be Too Collingwood

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

He played 141 senior games for us, and he was quite good in a few of them , managed 23 goals in his debut year , then alternated between forward and ruck

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays

I recall Atu saying that in an interview so I think your spot on Jen.

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
He played 141 senior games for us, and he was quite good in a few of them , managed 23 goals in his debut year , then alternated between forward and ruck
Came good in some of our darkest days as a club...kicked a Cppl bags of 8 in debut year if memory serves correct.

Remember the lockett rumours....knowing Collingwood would be true

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I met Wayne a few times, never had the courage to ask him if it was true, lovely guy , champion footballer , him , Barry Price out of the centre square , roving too Thompson , lace out too McKenna leading out from full forward , OHHH Glory Days,
I wouldn't have thought you were so old! Drop kicks and stab passes were common place, expertly executed to achieve accuracy and distance by the best exponents, and Barry Price was a very skilled deliverer of the ball. I can recall Len Thompson kicking a goal from a flank 60 metres out. As an art form, I miss the drop kick.

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wouldn't have thought you were so old! Drop kicks and stab passes were common place, expertly executed to achieve accuracy and distance by the best exponents, and Barry Price was a very skilled deliverer of the ball. I can recall Len Thompson kicking a goal from a flank 60 metres out. As an art form, I miss the drop kick.

Take it is easy TGG , i be of some vintage,young at heart, spirit and body , the stab pass was a thing of beauty , drop kicks , if you could nail them , was definitely an art form , we were blessed to witness and play that style of football, Barry Price Mama Mia , if we could turn back time , Cher , where are you when we need you ;)

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Take it is easy TGG , i be of some vintage,young at heart, spirit and body , the stab pass was a thing of beauty , drop kicks , if you could nail them , was definitely an art form , we were blessed to witness and play that style of football, Barry Price Mama Mia , if we could turn back time , Cher , where are you when we need you ;)
Jerker Jenkin was fond of the drop kick, and they could be magnificent or appalling, sometimes only leaving the ground off his boot to bounce as the ball otherwise travelled horizontally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back