Oppo Camp Atu Bosenavulagi (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I’m not convinced Atu will make it but can’t help think he’d be more useful as a pressure forward than Cal Brown.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was gutted we traded him. Of all the players to go he had the most value, Stephenson is a spud in case that hasn’t shown yet.

He was the 1 I was actually sad to see leave but his request came at a time when we were negotiating the Stevo deal. Not sure the optics of forcing a 4th player out of the club instead of someone wanting to go to the very same club would have been any more acceptable to the masses. Way too early for the call on Stevo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
about time this superstar's thread was updated.....i was incredibly impressed with D2's game on the weekend. I think we should make north an offer.

He was the 1 I was actually sad to see leave but his request came at a time when we were negotiating the Stevo deal. Not sure the optics of forcing a 4th player out of the club instead of someone wanting to go to the very same club would have been any more acceptable to the masses. Way too early for the call on Stevo.
I have seen you post this a couple of times but my recollection is he was also pushed out. There was no contract on offer at Collingwood but he did want to stay. NM gave him an offer so he had no choice but to go

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have seen you post this a couple of times but my recollection is he was also pushed out. There was no contract on offer at Collingwood but he did want to stay. NM gave him an offer so he had no choice but to go

He felt he had no choice but that was apparently his own impatience to ensure he had a deal for 2021 rather than the reality. Club was working through a number of deals, his was just down the pecking order. If anyone can confirm he was never going to get another deal at Collingwood if he waited then I’ll happily change my view.

He felt he had no choice but that was apparently his own impatience to ensure he had a deal for 2021 rather than the reality. Club was working through a number of deals, his was just down the pecking order. If anyone can confirm he was never going to get another deal at Collingwood if he waited then I’ll happily change my view.
Maybe we are making different interpretations of the same info. I felt sure I had read somewhere at the time Collingwood had implied they were unlikely to give him an offer and encouraged the move. Where did you get the info a deal was to be done but it was down the pecking order?

I feel if that was true and Collingwood really wanted him we would have kept him pretty easily. He wouldn't have been on much more third year so it would have been an easy calculation for the club to make and offer him something.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe we are making different interpretations of the same info. I felt sure I had read somewhere at the time Collingwood had implied they were unlikely to give him an offer and encouraged the move. Where did you get the info a deal was to be done but it was down the pecking order?

I feel if that was true and Collingwood really wanted him we would have kept him pretty easily. He wouldn't have been on much more third year so it would have been an easy calculation for the club to make and offer him something.

Got my info from a friend of a friend who has links to the club so nothing concrete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back