RedWhiteBlack

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
LA Dodgers, Dallas Stars
Got a friend in Auckland for the next few weeks hoping to catch the AFL Finals on TV, but she can't find any bars that show it! Anyone know of any?

You'll struggle quite badly finding a bar in Auckland that will be showing the footy. It's not that it won't be on, it's just that I couldn't tell you where to find it.

This weeks 3 of the 4 games are on live (H v WB, S v NM, G v StK). The Hawks and Swans games clash with existing NRL coverage, so most places would be showing the league. The Warriors game is on Sat night which clashes with Swans v Kangas, so no pub will change a screen to AFL.

There are a few places she could go:

Fox's Alehouse in the viaduct is a sport pub that may well have it on...

The Paddington Hotel, Parnell - (home pub of my local AFL team) They have played AFL games in the past and will be showing the GF live.

Kenny's bar and grill, Cnr. Hereford Street & K Rd., CBD (used to be home pub of the Mt Roskill Saints) - They might show it as well...

The other thing she could do is just stay somwehere with Sky...

If she does find it, she may well be the only one watching it.

Hi all, I'm gonna be in Auckland on Friday wpuld love to catch the prelim. Anyone know a place that'd show it? Are rhe places in the post above still open? Google has been absolutely no help (this thread is one of about 3 relevant results that come up).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back