Racing August Daily Punt- Aw S**t, Here We Go Again

Memsie winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this sounds like me but i can't actually remember doing it

Nah if it was you I would have had 7-8 gif related posts ready to go as soon as they crossed the line today :)

come on oliver

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
$10 clarken all up in Adelaide tiara star, Tatoosh into Magna. Always the last leg. Backed missed the kick and went home via Anzac highway

Will be specking these to bounce back at odds in the Slowbor tonight

TRUE SELF - One of a couple of Mullins runners entered (including Max D) and like many of his has mixed jumps and flat runs over its career. Was terrible last time out but forgive her that and she is right in this having defeated the likes of Air Pilot last November

BARSANTI - Out of the very sharp Varian yard and has run well behind some quite decent English stayers over the last couple of seasons (and was as short as 11/2 against Crystal Ocean at Royal Ascot last year). Hasn't won for over a year now but that means he gets in super well at the weights here.

Also - solid PSA - DO NOT listen to all the touts who will be out spruiking the winner as a LIVE Melbourne Cup chance straight after the race. Remember these are the B and C graders of the staying crop in the UK and pretty much are all fully exposed older horses that are unlikely to suddenly show the kind of improvement needed to win at Flemington these days.

Avilius was a funny one. Best horse in the race, but probably too short, didn’t really know what could beat him, so he got the default money. I backed him based on that.

Honestly that is terrible betting - was always going to be too short - both in race distance and price. My only stupidity was not laying him once he went under $3 and trying to guess the winner instead.

Back