Racing August Daily Punt - Royal Symphony retired. racing will never be the same

Remove this Banner Ad

Kementari into 2nd favoutite for the Everest. Obviously an over reaction but still a decent trial. Pierata a good horse and with better luck Kementari wins the race. Personally still leaning towards the camp 1200 is too sharp for him but clearly now one of the best horses in the country.

Can't see Kem getting any faster over the trip as he gets further into the his prep. He was out in plenty of time but the winner was just to good for him over this trip.

Is the lay of the century as second fave without a slot.

Fk me 99 - you can hype a horse! Bold call is also laughable given he has barely managed to get by The Monstar FFS

I'd back him to be retired by the end of the spring without another win to his name

Can't see Kem getting any faster over the trip as he gets further into the his prep. He was out in plenty of time but the winner was just to good for him over this trip.

Is the lay of the century as second fave without a slot.

Fk me 99 - you can hype a horse! Bold call is also laughable given he has barely managed to get by The Monstar FFS

I'd back him to be retired by the end of the spring without another win to his name
Hardly laughable. Sp’d favourite in the Doncaster and was never given a chance, terrific run against Winx when he should’ve finished closer, and beat up on Pierata, D’argento and Trapeze Artist the two starts before (look at that- the Everest favourite).

I’d say it’s more laughable to declare a horse will never win another race after finishing a strong second first up over a potentially unsuitable trip in group 2 company.

Hardly laughable. Sp’d favourite in the Doncaster and was never given a chance, terrific run against Winx when he should’ve finished closer, and beat up on Pierata, D’argento and Trapeze Artist the two starts before (look at that- the Everest favourite).

I’d say it’s more laughable to declare a horse will never win another race after finishing a strong second first up over a potentially unsuitable trip in group 2 company.

Ok - lets see who is proven right then ;)

Articus SP'd $8 in Caulfield Cup one time too so that tells you nothing. Wasn't good enough in the Donny against battle hardened horses. The Clapper has beaten him easily twice.

Not sure how he should have finished closer in the Ryder - had every possible and wasn't good enough.

Just got rolled by Pierata so no surprise if some of those other horses haven't gone past him.

Ok - lets see who is proven right then ;)

Articus SP'd $8 in Caulfield Cup one time too so that tells you nothing. Wasn't good enough in the Donny against battle hardened horses. The Clapper has beaten him easily twice.

Not sure how he should have finished closer in the Ryder - had every possible and wasn't good enough.

Just got rolled by Pierata so no surprise if some of those other horses haven't gone past him.
Well Winx completely cut his run off in the Ryder. He wouldn’t have beaten the other two home but deserved to be closer.

Put it this way - if they ran the same field as the Doncaster 2 weeks later the only horse that would’ve competed for favouritism would be the Clapper.

I do genuinely admire how you are able to do your form, back your opinion and pen horses as easily as you do.

Well Winx completely cut his run off in the Ryder.

He wouldn’t have beaten the other two home but deserved to be closer.

Put it this way - if they ran the same field as the Doncaster 2 weeks later the only horse that would’ve competed for favouritism would be the Clapper.

I do genuinely admire how you are able to do your form, back your opinion and pen horses as easily as you do.

:rolleyes:

Cut his run plz....she cruised past him and he was far too slow to take any run that was available to him

As I said SP is no measure of a horses ability - look at the laughable prices the Grey Cat has started for the last 18 months

Cut his run plz....she cruised past him and he was far too slow to take any run that was available to him

As I said SP is no measure of a horses ability - look at the laughable prices the Grey Cat has started for the last 18 months
Well that’s your opinion. The fact is he didn’t have clear running and finished within 2 lengths. I made a fairly popular comment that he’s one of the better horses in the country. You followed it up by declaring he won’t win another race based on losing by a head first up in a group 2, then dismissed his previous form despite him beating the horse that’s favourite for the Everest. I know who deserves an eye roll.

SP is the most pure representation of the market, and beating the market is the key to success.

As far as I’m concerned your not betting on Kementari, you’re betting on Cummings getting him sharp enough to win. I doubt he can do it 3rd up 1200. He’s a serious horse, but over 1100 he’d want to beat the monstar by more than 1L even with problems. It’s the sharpest he’ll get for the prep. To the eye it looked reasonable tempo so not too many excuses there.

It seems we are experiencing a few horses being forced to sprint because they don’t want to face Winx.

The champs SP is probably because he’s the best sprinter we’ve had since BC. Backed up by PB’s, prize money and total G1 wins.

As far as I’m concerned your not betting on Kementari, you’re betting on Cummings getting him sharp enough to win. I doubt he can do it 3rd up 1200. He’s a serious horse, but over 1100 he’d want to beat the monstar by more than 1L even with problems. It’s the sharpest he’ll get for the prep. To the eye it looked reasonable tempo so not too many excuses there.

It seems we are experiencing a few horses being forced to sprint because they don’t want to face Winx.
I agree that. He’d almost need to have targeted the race fresh first up, which you can’t do without a slot and would be a waste of a good horses prep. The combination of the Everest money and Winx certainly is completely changing how many of these horses would’ve been handled previously

There's a strong argument Kem is the 3rd best miler in the land behind W and Clapper. But asking him to become the best sprinter in the land is a big challenge. Not his best distance, not sharp enough, 3rd up prob a bit flatter still even with a freshen.

That said outside TA the class is pretty ordinary and the prize is massive, so it's worth a crack because there's decent coin just for running top 3.

I backed him today expecting him to be wound up off 2 trials looking to lock in a slot, looked a touch unlucky but today's class a bit below the level he's be meeting in the Everest and to be a real shot he should have sprinted quicker when he got clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why the Sheikh keeps sending Dee Ex Bee all over Europe to make the form of their first Derby winner look worse and worse by the day. At least last night they flogged it with one of their own but gee its looking like a pretty ordinary renewal.

interesting runner today at Geelong

More Sundays by Fastnet Rock x More Joyous

This is beautiful work. One of the many comments blowing up on social media

“I’ve got a $50 all in bet for the Everest”
“Bro you shouldn’t of back him”
“I no!!!”

Love your work boys. Safe bet these great minds are selling tips on punters.com

Hopefully they keep the circus going. Will be plenty of dead money in the pool riding on him if he ever makes it back and if not its always good for a midweek laugh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back