Racing August Daily Thread - Happy Birthday Nags

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have faith - just not at that price!

Peak Bart opened $2.20 in this last year and he only had to beat the likes of Rising Romance and Mahuta.

to be honest i also think it's a little short. likely because it will run a career best run IMO and the corps have been hammered on it the last 3 times it's stepped out. i still standby i think he can reach BHB levels once he gets out to the mile maybe more so an obvious fave for me.

Not sure what the bigger upset was
Aquajinski winning at 151/1 or Jerry Noske riding a winner in Perth

Was at Canterbury racecourse watching this...bloke next to me backed the thing for a place...dead set was spewing afterwards!

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
to be honest i also think it's a little short. likely because it will run a career best run IMO and the corps have been hammered on it the last 3 times it's stepped out. i still standby i think he can reach BHB levels once he gets out to the mile maybe more so an obvious fave for me.
Just on BHB - not sure he will return to former levels.

based on?

last 2 starts 1200m and hvy8. for a 1800m dry surface horse, thats acceptable. before that starts well backed $1.85 at WFA.

Fell in at $1.85 against Tosen Stardom (form looking more questionable each start) and Ecuador. Goodwood run miles from being acceptable for a horse of his ability.

All three runs miles below his best. More than enough doubt he will ever get back to his peak ratings. D-Day Saturday - will be zero excuses.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Fell in at $1.85 against Tosen Stardom (form looking more questionable each start) and Ecuador. Goodwood run miles from being acceptable for a horse of his ability.

All three runs miles below his best. More than enough doubt he will ever get back to his peak ratings. D-Day Saturday - will be zero excuses.

his best run was the underwood IMO. probably older horse taking longer to get fit and wanting further.

his best run was the underwood IMO. probably older horse taking longer to get fit and wanting further.

Possibly - or older horse that is going to struggle to get back to his best. We'll know more Saturday given he only took one race to warm up last prep.

Are they expecting a complete boat race in the Mona Lisa at Wyong? Lubtion has been hammered when there are plenty in the race with superior form lines.

#theyknew - love finishing second on the morning line fave when they back the stablemate as if unbeatable :thumbsu:

Classic Gai criminality on Broadside there if ever I've seen it. $3 out to god knows what on betfair - first horse beaten and tailed off last.

Check out how the winner went today at Wyong :thumbsdown: none better in the business.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Being vetted tomorrow as he's got a 3/4 bar plate going on.

Little things starting to go against him, age, niggles, wet tracks.

Back