Auskick = club membership?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
With so much dick measuring going on over club membership numbers, I'd be interested to know if this was true.

I've heard a couple of times that all club membership tallies now include AFL Auskickers. With around 200k Auskickers across the country, it's a pretty handy false boost to membership numbers.

I know each kid nominates a club of support, and they get a footy or t-shirt in club colours as part of their pack. But does anybody know if their numbers are actually counted in club membership tallies?

With so much dick measuring going on over club membership numbers, I'd be interested to know if this was true.

I've heard a couple of times that all club membership tallies now include AFL Auskickers. With around 200k Auskickers across the country, it's a pretty handy false boost to membership numbers.

I know each kid nominates a club of support, and they get a footy or t-shirt in club colours as part of their pack. But does anybody know if their numbers are actually counted in club membership tallies?
BT brought that up to JB on Talking Footy last night while they were interviewing Jaeger and Brayshaw didn't deny it so it's possible that it's an across the board directive

A junior 3 game membership for us is $25, I understand the AFL audit requires membership to have a value of more than $50 to be included, or at least did last year.
If clubs include them they should fail the audit anyway I'd think.

My son has a Freo membership and was nicely given another one through Auskick. He gets a double pass to a Freo game (there's 3 or 4 he can pick from) as part of it.

It's a great idea, but obviously these memberships shouldn't be included in the figures.

My auskicker received a plastic membership card and number.. Can't confirm whether they are tallied but I suspect so.

My son has a Freo membership and was nicely given another one through Auskick. He gets a double pass to a Freo game (there's 3 or 4 he can pick from) as part of it.

It's a great idea, but obviously these memberships shouldn't be included in the figures.
The double pass is interesting. That's the club?
The hidden trap is giving a junior membership isn't worth much and at least one adult has to buy a tkt.
We distribute free tkts through the juniors and these include responsible adults, but the junior memberships on regristrations didn't.

The double pass is interesting. That's the club?
The hidden trap is giving a junior membership isn't worth much and at least one adult has to buy a tkt.
We distribute free tkts through the juniors and these include responsible adults, but the junior memberships on regristrations didn't.

The memberships are usually GA membership, and Freo doesn't have GA. So I guess the club has made a call to replace it with a double pass that you book through the membership portal. The catch being it's only to a selection of the lower drawing games.

The memberships are usually GA membership, and Freo doesn't have GA. So I guess the club has made a call to replace it with a double pass that you book through the membership portal. The catch being it's only to a selection of the lower drawing games.
Kudos to Freo for looking after their juniors then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now let's see how many fully ticketed members each club has residing within a 30km radius of their nominated home ground.
What does that show?

Why does a fully ticketed member living in Lilydale, Endeavour Hills or Frankston not count as they are more than 30km away from the G!?

Membership numbers are akin to social media followers these days, it is more about the captive audience and database of fans a club can deliver to potential sponsors.

What does that show?

Why does a fully ticketed member living in Lilydale, Endeavour Hills or Frankston not count as they are more than 30km away from the G!?

Membership numbers are akin to social media followers these days, it is more about the captive audience and database of fans a club can deliver to potential sponsors.

Well, it gives us a truer picture of the local committed fanbase, and who should be "turning up".

If we're dick measuring about who has the most true consistent support, that's one way of reducing the fluff numbers and narrowing it down to the "real" local supporters.

So confirmation now that these have been included. 85k of them included? So on a million members, we can assume each club is inflated by 8.5% on average
Where did the 85k figure come from?
My understanding is that only some Auskickers are given a club membership and those memberships include access to 3 or 4 games and are therefore included in the official totals.

See the Auskick junior membership menu drop down item on their website faq.
https://play.afl/auskick-faq

Where did the 85k figure come from?
My understanding is that only some Auskickers are given a club membership and those memberships include access to 3 or 4 games and are therefore included in the official totals.

See the Auskick junior membership menu drop down item on their website faq.
https://play.afl/auskick-faq

From the AFL

OneM1llionClubInfographicv2web.jpg

There’s 200k + Auskickers overall.

Curious concept ... :thumbsdown:

Well, if you live within a reasonable travel distance, and have a fully ticketed membership, you'd think you'd be going to every home game.

It would be interesting to know how many of these types of members that clubs have, and how many members seemingly don't actually go to games. It would offer some proper perspective on crowd figures.

Well, if you live within a reasonable travel distance, and have a fully ticketed membership, you'd think you'd be going to every home game.

It would be interesting to know how many of these types of members that clubs have, and how many members seemingly don't actually go to games. It would offer some proper perspective on crowd figures.

It would be interesting. I've got an 11 game membership, but only end out going to around 3-4 games. Work and my sons footy are usually the reasons I can't get to every game.

It would be interesting. I've got an 11 game membership, but only end out going to around 3-4 games. Work and my sons footy are usually the reasons I can't get to every game.

And that's fair enough.

I think though that the membership numbers get misconstrued sometimes though, as though that should be the number attending games for clubs, which isn't quite the case.

A more detailed breakdown of location-based memberships would give a more realistic perspective though, and possibly shows clubs and the league areas where they're doing well, and where they need more work.

The time slots for games makes it damn near impossible to attend all games for most working folk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back