Aussie Boomers Rolling Best Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Bob Neil

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
At a table with old friends
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’d love to hear from those with more basketball knowledge than me as to what they think is Australia’s best lineup at any given point in time. Coming off a bronze at the Olympics presumably there are a world championships and then Paris 2024 on the horizon, so with the emergence of new Aussie talent like Giddey and Daniels what is our best squad and best starting lineup?

This is what I could find in terms of current Aussies in the NBA:

PG - Ben Simmons

C - Jock Landale

PG - Josh Giddey

PG - Dyson Daniels

SG - Josh Green

SG - Patty Mills

SF - Joe Ingles

PG - Matisse Thybulle

PG - Matthew Dellavedova

Dante Exum would be part of it, unlikely Delly makes a full-strength squad.

If everyone commits, it’s the strongest squad we have ever put together. The size on the perimeter and defensive ability will be hard for any team in the world to compete with.

Questions marks would be….Might be light on for shooters beyond Patty and Joe and its still unclear which bigs will play beyond Landale.

Line-ups that includes Daniels, Thybulle and Simmons will be defensively terrifying.

A squad of 15 would look like this:
PG- Giddey/Exum/Delly
SG- Mills/Green/Daniels
SF- Ingles/Thybulle/Cooks
PF- Simmons/Kay/White
C- Landale/Reath/Maker

Final 12 have Delly, Cooks and White drop out.

A squad of 15 would look like this:
PG- Giddey/Exum/Delly
SG- Mills/Green/Daniels
SF- Ingles/Thybulle/Cooks
PF- Simmons/Kay/White
C- Landale/Reath/Maker

Final 12 have Delly, Cooks and White drop out.
It’s the same squad I would have picked but feels one shooter short when I look at it.

I think you probably just go with it and live with it.

Giddey. [Proctor]
Daniels. [Mills]
Green. [White]
Thybulle. [Ingles]
Simmons. [Lansdale]

Need some more big bodies like baynes or maker

Last edited:
What has Baynes’ form been like in the NBL? He’d add much needed size and depth if fit and in form.

Will Kay ever get a chance in the NBA?

I have no idea but I reckon another 7 footer or two would be handy to give Lansdale a chop out and allow more flexibility with simmons. (if he feels like playing)

Hoping someone who knows about Australian basketball can explain our depth options.

Stretch 4 would be handy too but I doubt we got many of those lying around

Last edited:
It’s the same squad I would have picked but feels one shooter short when I look at it.

I think you probably just go with it and live with it.
I agree… However, Exum and Green are developing shooters. Exum has been playing well in Europe and if he remains healthy will eventually find himself back on a NBA roster.

Proctor should be ready to go from the 2027 World Cup.

Squad announcement

Australian Boomers' extended squad

Xavier Cooks

Dyson Daniels

Matthew Dellavedova

Dante Exum

Sam Froling

Josh Giddey

Chris Goulding

Josh Green

Joe Ingles

Nick Kay

Jock Landale

Thon Maker

Will McDowell-White

Patty Mills

Keanu Pinder

Duop Reath

Matisse Thybulle

Jack White

After some terrific summer league performances from Duop Reath where he looked significantly stronger than he did at the Olympics he'd make my team now. Xavier Cooks also looked very good in his few games and the most important thing for the Boomers was that he was playing as a mobile big in his Summer League minutes. He might only be 6'8 but he has a 7'0 wingspan and he looks way better when he plays closer to the basket both on offence and defence. Daniles migh have been playing as a guard but he too rebounded really well in Summer League games. I expect the Boomers to select a team that plays a lot of small ball but with a ton of length on the floor for extended periods in games.

My new 12 would be:
Starters.
Mills
Giddey
Ingles
Thybulle
Landale

Bench
Daniles
Green
Exum
Cooks
Reath
Kay
White (white has improved his shot to the extent that he's a legit three and D guy.. That's why OKC offered him a guaranteed contract.

After some terrific summer league performances from Duop Reath where he looked significantly stronger than he did at the Olympics he'd make my team now. Xavier Cooks also looked very good in his few games and the most important thing for the Boomers was that he was playing as a mobile big in his Summer League minutes. He might only be 6'8 but he has a 7'0 wingspan and he looks way better when he plays closer to the basket both on offence and defence. Daniles migh have been playing as a guard but he too rebounded really well in Summer League games. I expect the Boomers to select a team that plays a lot of small ball but with a ton of length on the floor for extended periods in games.

My new 12 would be:
Starters.
Mills
Giddey
Ingles
Thybulle
Landale

Bench
Daniles
Green
Exum
Cooks
Reath
Kay
White (white has improved his shot to the extent that he's a legit three and D guy.. That's why OKC offered him a guaranteed contract.

Mills off the bench for me

Starting 5 - Exum, Giddey, Thybulle, Ingles, Landale
Rotation - Mills, Daniels, Green, Cooks, Reath
Rest - Kay, White

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mills off the bench for me

Starting 5 - Exum, Giddey, Thybulle, Ingles, Landale
Rotation - Mills, Daniels, Green, Cooks, Reath
Rest - Kay, White
Yep I don't mind your idea either. Exum's been shooting 58% from the field and nearly 40% from three playing in Europe over the last 12 months. He'll offer more shooting than most would think. I also like the idea of Kay, Landale, Exum, Ingles and Mills spending a decent amout of time together in a rotation after the first starters are rotated off. They have spent so much time together as a unit. Then we could start Green, Giddey, Mills, Cooks and Reath to start the second quarter.

Yep I don't mind your idea either. Exum's been shooting 58% from the field and nearly 40% from three playing in Europe over the last 12 months. He'll offer more shooting than most would think. I also like the idea of Kay, Landale, Exum, Ingles and Mills spending a decent amout of time together in a rotation after the first starters are rotated off. They have spent so much time together as a unit. Then we could also use Green, Daniels, Mills, Cooks and Reath as a unit too.

Yep I don't mind your idea either. Exum's been shooting 58% from the field and nearly 40% from three playing in Europe over the last 12 months. He'll offer more shooting than most would think. I also like the idea of Kay, Landale, Exum, Ingles and Mills spending a decent amout of time together in a rotation after the first starters are rotated off. They have spent so much time together as a unit. Then we could start Green, Giddey, Mills, Cooks and Reath to start the second quarter.

We have to remember Mills is declining and he cannot start

He will get his mins though

I reckon the next two decades the Canucks are gonna sweep the medals , it would require Ben to find his shot and J--Gidd to maintain his northward ascent and defend 6'4" thru 6'10" like Deni Avdija

De La Salle 's Dave Patrick assistant, come via LSU and StAnthony

Goorj's bro a coaching mentor of his(Simmons) at BoxHillstatehs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back