Aussie NBA watch 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Moistie for the link to this article. It is a fantastic analysis of what makes a great defender. It is probably one of the more intelligent articles I have ever read. I have always thought that the media in the USA always put too much stock in just rebounds and blocks when thinking of great defensive players rather than properly analysing the impact that players have on defence. They are just too lazy to do this type of analysis. But this is a great example of why you need to look at it more closely.

The fact that Bogut makes a shot at the rim against him have a FG % equivalent to a long range 2 pointer is just amazing. As the article says he is head and shoulders above the other centres in defence and if he isn't named in the All NBA defensive 1st team it will be a travesty. He is the defensive anchor on the best defensive team in the NBA. He deserves this recognition, but I'm afraid because it's voted on by journalists who won't take the time to look at it properly you could end up with Jordan or Davis being included. At least Gobert is also a great defensive centre but this year Bogut has been better overall and should be the Centre on this team.
As predicted DeAndre Jordan named centre on the defensive 1st team. Given his team has a better defensive rating with him on the bench you have to wonder whether those voting for it have seriously looked at all the available data.

Great for Bogut to have still made the 2nd team but just think which team is better defensively between the Warriors and the Clippers yet the Clippers have two players named to the all defensive team. I actually think Steph Curry has been better defensively this year than Chris Paul and Bogut is better than Jordan.

Anyway kudos to Bogues and wouldn't we all like to have a nice $1.9 million bonus. :D

Yeah, as I wrote in the other thread, having two players in the NBA Defensive first team when you are the 15th best defensive team is a joke, but some people just look at numbers. It's like looking at Priddis's stats and saying he's the best player in the AFL because he has a tonne of possessions.

Defensive Paul is still well ahead of Curry.

Yeah, as I wrote in the other thread, having two players in the NBA Defensive first team when you are the 15th best defensive team is a joke, but some people just look at numbers. It's like looking at Priddis's stats and saying he's the best player in the AFL because he has a tonne of possessions.

Defensive Paul is still well ahead of Curry.
Maybe I just watched a lot more of Curry this year but he was certainly much better on defence than in the past. I'm not sure where he finished on steals but I know he was leading the league at some point. He was really being quite disruptive on defence.

I could be a bit biased against CP as well as I have an intense dislike for the Clippers. Just a pack of whingers in my view led by Paul and Griffin with their coach not far behind.

Maybe I just watched a lot more of Curry this year but he was certainly much better on defence than in the past. I'm not sure where he finished on steals but I know he was leading the league at some point. He was really being quite disruptive on defence.

I could be a bit biased against CP as well as I have an intense dislike for the Clippers. Just a pack of whingers in my view led by Paul and Griffin with their coach not far behind.

I watched every game of Steph this year and he is so much better than last year, but still well behind Paul. Paul is really good defensively (maybe not as good as he was, but still really good). They finished 4th and 5th in the league in steals.

Watching the Boomers on fox sports tonight. How the bloody hell does some of ouyt guys get into the NBA is beyond me.

Bairstow has great credentials coming from New Mexico lobos but he looks useless playing for rthe Boomers.

Every time I see this Boomers team play, the offence looks so disjointed and out of sync. They have no motion, movementr, timing or consistency with ball movement. The local ABA team looks like they have a much more fluent offence.

Hopefully when we add Mills, Baynes, Ingles and Bogut the offence starts to look far healthier.

Watching the Boomers on fox sports tonight. How the bloody hell does some of ouyt guys get into the NBA is beyond me.

Bairstow has great credentials coming from New Mexico lobos but he looks useless playing for rthe Boomers.

Every time I see this Boomers team play, the offence looks so disjointed and out of sync. They have no motion, movementr, timing or consistency with ball movement. The local ABA team looks like they have a much more fluent offence.

Hopefully when we add Mills, Baynes, Ingles and Bogut the offence starts to look far healthier.
Isn't Bogut in that team?

Based on past experience Mills will add a lot - he will take about 40% of the shots and score 30+ a game. I'm not sure why the current coaching staff think that's a bad thing

Isn't Bogut in that team?

Based on past experience Mills will add a lot - he will take about 40% of the shots and score 30+ a game. I'm not sure why the current coaching staff think that's a bad thing

Bogut was being rested last game.

If Mills comes in that is? May decide not too play which could leave young guys or possibly Hugh Greenwood next in line

Bogut was being rested last game.

If Mills comes in that is? May decide not too play which could leave young guys or possibly Hugh Greenwood next in line
Now that is just ridiculous. Now that Dante is not playing we just have to add Patty to the team. They shouldn't take the Tall Blacks too easy or else they will get beaten. Apart from Bogut it is actually not a really great Boomers team. We need Patty's scoring. Remember no Ingles or Baynes from the World Champ squad who were both probably our main scoring options.

I also am starting to question Lemanis's coaching to be honest. The team is not playing so well although he has been messing around with line ups testing things out so hopefully when things get serious we click into gear but I think we definitely need Patty back on the floor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back