Hardie 2 wkts @ 31.00, ER 6.20
Henriques 1 wkt @ 41.00, ER 5.12
Neser 1 wkt @ 119.00, ER 5.95
W. Agar 0 wkts, ER 3.54
Benrendorff 0 wkts, ER 5.66
S. Johnson 0 wkts, ER 7.62
Meredith 0 wkts, ER 7.20

The below was halfway through the World Cup but is close enough:

Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins only play the important ODI's.. the rest above get a game here and there most the time on roads.

These are the records of pace bowlers since the end of the 2019 World Cup:

Abbott 21 wkts @ 36.80, ER 5.66
Green 16 wkts @ 41.00, ER 5.72
Stoinis 15 wkts @ 40.86, ER 5.75
Marsh 12 wkts @ 37.08, ER 5.46
Ellis 10 wkts @ 38.20, ER 5.96
K. Richo 5 wkts @ 35.80, ER 6.35
J. Richo 3 wkts @ 53.66, ER 5.96
Hardie 2 wkts @ 31.00, ER 6.20
Henriques 1 wkt @ 41.00, ER 5.12
Neser 1 wkt @ 119.00, ER 5.95
W. Agar 0 wkts, ER 3.54
Benrendorff 0 wkts, ER 5.66
S. Johnson 0 wkts, ER 7.62
Meredith 0 wkts, ER 7.20

The below was halfway through the World Cup but is close enough:

That is not great reading..

Short
Head
Smith/marnus
Green
Maxwell
Inglis
Hardie
Abbott
Ellis
Zampa
Morris

Feel like teams better suited with only one of Smudge and Marnus.

Shorts gotta and I think Hardie is reaching that point tol especially with a Marsh missing.

I get Maxwell is popular with the general public, which is well deserved because his a legend with fans when his out and about but he is 35 years old, Maxwell fans need to give up on the idea his going to get another crack in Tests. The schedule over the next 3 years pretty much puts a nail in it, we have 2 Tests against Sri Lanka and thats in 2025, no other subcontinent Test Matches. Extremely easy run for Australia Test matches so batsmen will fill there boots and bowlers will lower there averages, Maxwell has no shot of getting a crack.
All bar one of us have

Short
Head
Smith/marnus
Green
Maxwell
Inglis
Hardie
Abbott
Ellis
Zampa
Morris

Feel like teams better suited with only one of Smudge and Marnus.

Shorts gotta and I think Hardie is reaching that point tol especially with a Marsh missing.

I'd like to see Hardie higher up the order, but then again I don't rate ODIs at all outside of the World Cup. Do we need three all rounders (plus Head) and four bowlers though?

I'd like to see Hardie higher up the order, but then again I don't rate ODIs at all outside of the World Cup. Do we need three all rounders (plus Head) and four bowlers though?

seems to be the way these days.

i still remember the days of picking 4 bowlers and either an allrounder or a part timer to complete the final 10 overs and keeping sides to 250ish on a regular basis.

any news on a replacement for jhye ?

seems to be the way these days.

i still remember the days of picking 4 bowlers and either an allrounder or a part timer to complete the final 10 overs and keeping sides to 250ish on a regular basis.

any news on a replacement for jhye ?

I have no idea who that might be TBH*

*In B4 several past and present WA players are nominated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squad update, and good to see the inclusion of a couple of youngsters

Richardson injury we know about, but do we have a significant amount of white ball cricket coming up that requires Maxwell to be "managed" at this stage after the BBL?

Or is there another pointless domestic T20 league coming up soon for him?
Immediately after this, there are three T20Is vs West Indies, then another three in NZ (after the tests). Then the IPL then the T20 World Cup. There's no more ODis until September, so there's no real point playing him - keep him focused on T20s leading up to the WC.

Also, it's a good excuse to get Fraser-McGurk into the national setup for the first time.

Squad update, and good to see the inclusion of a couple of youngsters

Richardson injury we know about, but do we have a significant amount of white ball cricket coming up that requires Maxwell to be "managed" at this stage after the BBL?

Maxwell is getting older. I guess their thinking is not to risk burnout by playing him in this series and save him for the NZ tour and then the t20 world cup.

thought they just said on the news preview about Maxwell and something resulting from a night out. :think:

EDIT: unrelated to being managed. hospitalised about a night out in Adelaide seeing Brett Lee's band. (sounds like illness.) back training in preparation for T20s
Seeing Brett Lee's band would be enough to make me sick, too.

thought they just said on the news preview about Maxwell and something resulting from a night out. :think:

EDIT: unrelated to being managed. hospitalised about a night out in Adelaide seeing Brett Lee's band. (sounds like illness.) back training in preparation for T20s

Maxwell does seem to have some bad luck with things happening to him......

with fraser-mcguirk and bartlett in for maxwell and jhye i'm assuming the XI for the first game will be:
(the batting order could be anything)

Head
Short
Smith
Labuschagne
Green
Hardie
Inglis
Abbott
Ellis
Zampa
Morris