Aussie ODI squad v West Indies

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't notice we have 3 ODI 3 T20 coming up. Looking forward to it. Won't watch all off them but might have a look at a couple of t20s. Be interesting to see the W.I team and if they are capable of a win or two
To be honest if you werent a cricket nuftie , you probably wouldnt have even known the series started this Friday-it has been marketed poorly. More Australians have been talking about the upcoming tour of New Zealand than the white ball series of West Indies (T20/ODI)

I havent seen any radio, TV ads, Kayo odds or Channel 7 ads mentioning much about it. You would have thought the BBL teams from each state /Channel 7/Kayo could have marketed it more during the coverage. I feel like Channel 7 and Kayo havent really rated the West Indies even as a white ball outfit, we have to remember they have won 2 T20 World Cups more than Australia in the T20 format.

West Indies preference is white ball cricket T20 more so than ODI cricket.

Head
Short
Smith
Green
Marnus
Inglis
Hardie
Bartlett
Abbott
Zampa
Morris

I would like to see Fraser MCGurk be given a go but we are pretty light on in bowling maybe replace Hardie...but Hardie gets the nod due to his bowling ......and I want the test players to get as much batting as possible before the NZ tour.....(reality I would love them in the shield this week but thats not to be)... so Head Smith Green marnus in the top 5

Short has to take his opportunity really see him as his chance but ...he is more suited to the t20 format.

and if bloody marsh isn't playing....get him in the shield this weekend please

and F**k it while we are at it.....Bailey show some F**king balls and tell Cummins and Starc to rock up for NSW at the WACA this weekend ...the NSW lads will love it

Still can't believe Carey isn't our ODI keeper, bit of a joke IMO

To be honest if you werent a cricket nuftie , you probably wouldnt have even known the series started this Friday-it has been marketed poorly. More Australians have been talking about the upcoming tour of New Zealand than the white ball series of West Indies (T20/ODI)

I havent seen any radio, TV ads, Kayo odds or Channel 7 ads mentioning much about it. You would have thought the BBL teams from each state /Channel 7/Kayo could have marketed it more during the coverage. I feel like Channel 7 and Kayo havent really rated the West Indies even as a white ball outfit, we have to remember they have won 2 T20 World Cups more than Australia in the T20 format.

West Indies preference is white ball cricket T20 more so than ODI cricket.
Series isn't shown on CH7

Head
Short
Smith
Green
Marnus
Inglis
Hardie
Bartlett
Abbott
Zampa
Morris

I would like to see Fraser MCGurk be given a go but we are pretty light on in bowling maybe replace Hardie...but Hardie gets the nod due to his bowling ......and I want the test players to get as much batting as possible before the NZ tour.....(reality I would love them in the shield this week but thats not to be)... so Head Smith Green marnus in the top 5

Short has to take his opportunity really see him as his chance but ...he is more suited to the t20 format.
Nah, he's been very good as a List A opener for longer than T20. Plus he's better suited to pushing singles and twos to spinners through the middle in comparison to T20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head
Short
Smith
Green
Marnus
Inglis
Hardie
Bartlett
Abbott
Zampa
Morris

I get why people like Head & Green are playing in these ODI's - but Marnus should be playing Shield.

He needs to get some more red ball cricket in to get him out of this form slump & I'm not even sure he's in our best ODI team anyway.

I get why people like Head & Green are playing in these ODI's - but Marnus should be playing Shield.

He needs to get some more red ball cricket in to get him out of this form slump & I'm not even sure he's in our best ODI team anyway.
Sorry, the guy who averaged 40 in the World Cup, including an unbeaten half-century in the final after coming in when we were very shaky at 3/47, is not in our best ODI team two months later?

Rightio.

I would rather all the test players....play in the shield before the NZ tour

and use these ODI to blood some new faces

but thats me

First I've heard about this and I live in Melbourne and love my cricket, awful lack of marketing by CA, there'll be nobody there.

few people have said this but i'm just wondering how can CA market the games any better? it's a friday kids back at school.almost everyone back at work. low drawing team.

I agree with SEN, Stoinis snubbing might be the end for him, in ODI cricket anyway. I just dont see him wanting or having the desire to come back to state cricket (WA) and wanting to put in the hard yards at his age now, given Im assuming he is now locked for the SA20 series, with a Marsh Cup coming up for WA this Thursday. At 35 years of age, its not a dumb decision to be able to lock in your financial future by globetrotting around the world.

Sorry, the guy who averaged 40 in the World Cup, including an unbeaten half-century in the final after coming in when we were very shaky at 3/47, is not in our best ODI team two months later?

Rightio.
Marnus clearly cemented his spot in the ODI team. That said, this is a relatively meaningless series and he currently has big red ball problems. I can see the argument for prioritising his red ball form with some time in the Shield over white ball form in a pointless ODI series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back