Aussie tour of Pakistan... seriously?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a little blown away that this has been green lit, particularly given the controversy around Aussie war crimes in neighboring Afghanistan.

For mine, I just cant see a way its safe enough to go there. If I were a player, I doubt I'd go in.

What are peoples thoughts on this?
I'd love to see us play there but the tour has late cancellation written all over it
:drunk:

Aside from terrorist attacks, kidnapping and violence, it is safe to play cricket. :think:

Im calling stumps before the teams leaves for Pakistan.

Latest update

Still current at:17 November 2021
Updated:28 October 2021
Latest update:The number of international flights to Pakistan has reduced significantly. COVID-19 testing and quarantine regulations have also changed for arriving passengers. Contact your airline or travel agent for the latest information.

We now advise:
Reconsider your need to travel to Pakistan overall due to the volatile security situation and high threat of terrorist attack, kidnapping and violence.

Just going through the motions to be seen to be doing the right thing. Will get cancelled just before they get on the plane.
Yep, especially with New Zealand and England pulling out of their Pakistan tours recently.

No one wants to be the first Western team to resume Pakistan tours it seems.

Yep, especially with New Zealand and England pulling out of their Pakistan tours recently.

No one wants to be the first Western team to resume Pakistan tours it seems.
No one wants to be the first Western team to be assassinated.

Sri Lanka being the first team to have endured an assassination attempt.

Just going through the motions to be seen to be doing the right thing. Will get cancelled just before they get on the plane.

CA should have the balls to just say no and not put it on the players to make the decision for them.

Who cares if teams don't tour Pakistan, not India, not England, not us. Who are they even trying to please by scheduling it.

CA should have the balls to just say no and not put it on the players to make the decision for them.

Who cares if teams don't tour Pakistan, not India, not England, not us. Who are they even trying to please by scheduling it.

it was right before some ICC meeting. They wanted to look good in that meeting.

I’d say the few hundred million Pakistan fans who never get to watch their team play at home, and the generation of Pakistan players who have never had the chance to play at home, probably give a bit of a s**t.

This attitude is exactly why everyone who isn’t England and Australia hates England and Australia.

And yeah I can understand the western teams not wanting to be the first western teams to tour there since 2020.

When South Africa played a test and t20 series there

I’d say the few hundred million Pakistan fans who never get to watch their team play at home, and the generation of Pakistan players who have never had the chance to play at home, probably give a bit of a sh*t.

Sure. They don't matter to CA though so why go through the charade of scheduling it to ultimately make the players look like the bad guys when they pull out. I don't see any political capital for CA in agreeing to go there when none of the power brokers in cricket would care either way. Don't force the players to make the decision for them.

Sure. They don't matter to CA though so why go through the charade of scheduling it to ultimately make the players look like the bad guys when they pull out. I don't see any political capital for CA in agreeing to go there when none of the power brokers in cricket would care either way. Don't force the players to make the decision for them.

Does anyone really think the players are the bad guys when this happens?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they did it to look good at the ICC meeting during the WC. thats the reason they did it.

Aside from South Africa who resumed less than 12 months ago
And if South Africa can turn up once every 14 years, how dare anybody question whether it's safe for Australia.

And if South Africa can turn up once every 14 years, how dare anybody question whether it's safe for Australia.

I’m not questioning whether it’s safe for Australia or not. I’m saying that a western team already HAS toured there recently so the idea that there is some sort of ‘no you go first’ hesitancy at play is non-existent, and that it might not matter to us or England but it sure as hell matters to a cricket mad country who’s team has not had a home for a decade and a half and still manage to churn out decent results more often than not

I’m not questioning whether it’s safe for Australia or not.
Because you don't care about the players' safety. More concerned about the feelings of a "few hundred million Pakistan fans" (exaggeration bordering on racial stereotype btw) who "never get to watch their team play at home".

Except, as you point out, South Africa have toured recently. So too Sri Lanka, the West Indies, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe... Never is apparently a pretty short time in your books.

You're also not going to face any consequences if you falsely believe that it is safe for Australia to tour there. Quite a cushy spot to argue from.

Because you don't care about the players' safety. More concerned about the feelings of a "few hundred million Pakistan fans" (exaggeration bordering on racial stereotype btw) who "never get to watch their team play at home".

Except, as you point out, South Africa have toured recently. So too Sri Lanka, the West Indies, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe... Never is apparently a pretty short time in your books.

You're also not going to face any consequences if you falsely believe that it is safe for Australia to tour there. Quite a cushy spot to argue from.

Um. Yeah. Ok mate. Make a few more assumptions. If that’s physically possible.

Where in the hell did I say that safety isn’t a concern? Can you quote that bit for me please? Just want to be reminded of where I said it that’s all. Because I obviously said it.

Where in the hell did I say that safety isn’t a concern? Can you quote that bit for me please? Just want to be reminded of where I said it that’s all. Because I obviously said it
I quoted it in the previous post. "I'm not questioning whether it's safe for Australia or not." But anybody concerned with the players' safety would.

Seriously citing the population of Pakistan is racial stereotyping?
Portraying the entire population of Pakistan as cricket fans is a lazy stereotype.

* off with that s**t--it isn't close to the truth, nor is it a compelling argument for why Aus cricketers should risk their lives (which is what's really being addressed when the question "who cares if they don't tour" is asked).

I quoted it in the previous post. "I'm not questioning whether it's safe for Australia or not." But anybody concerned with the players' safety would.

Portraying the entire population of Pakistan as cricket fans is a lazy stereotype.

fu** off with that sh*t--it isn't close to the truth, nor is it a compelling argument for why Aus cricketers should risk their lives (which is what's really being addressed when the question "who cares if they don't tour" is asked).

You really have issues if that’s what you took from my post.

Ladies and gentlemen in future please don’t use the term ‘cricket mad’ to describe India as its racial profiling and also insulting to people with mental health issues.

What an utter, utter wank.

You are literally saying ‘becUse you aren’t discussing player safety you don’t care about it.’

* off mate

You are literally saying ‘becUse you aren’t discussing player safety you don’t care about it.’
I know. Player safety is the core issue of the thread, after all.

Since you prefer to use the thread to make false claims about a "few hundred million" people and "why everybody hates Australia"... then yes, there's a fairly logical conclusion regarding what you care about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back