Aussies Aussie Watch - Tokyo 2021

As with previous Games, we'll use this thread to track our Aussie athletes as they take on the world in the upcoming Tokyo Olympics.

More to come, but full team as announced can be found in the following link:

https://www.olympics.com.au/games/tokyo-2020/team/

Who are you most looking forward to watching? Who do you think will be taking home a medal?

dantm

Senior List
Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Chloe even on the team after giving birth last year?
Swimmimg,as usual,will be the key for Australia.
Im also interested to see how track cycling is.
There has been no form,no events to give us a guide.

troybe

Assistant to the Travelling Secretary
Apr 19, 2008
Bunnings Institute for the Galactically Stupid
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
Chloe even on the team after giving birth last year?
Swimmimg,as usual,will be the key for Australia.
Im also interested to see how track cycling is.
There has been no form,no events to give us a guide.

Faark, just had a look at the team she's not there. Thought she was back after her baby

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
I have only attended one Olympics. It happened to be our own Sydney 2000.. the Millennium Games. What a life experience it was. Scenes like the amazing liting of the Olympic flame, the Opening and Closing ceremonies.. the latter I attended. I had goose bumps when 40,000 of us sang We Are Australian. Advance Australia Fair has never done that to me. These memories will live with me all my life.

Faark, just had a look at the team she's not there. Thought she was back after her baby
Chloe was interviewed about a month ago and no mention of not competing then. Below are our two Modern Pentathlon reps. Ed Fernon & Marina Carrier. Where are you Chloe?

Ed Fernon head shot Marina Carrier Head Shot Bio

Last edited:

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
To my knowledge Australia has never had an Olympic Decathlon medalist? As alluded to in above post we have not one but two competing in Tokyo.. Cedric Dubler, 26, and and 2018 World Junior Champion. Ashley Moloney, 21. Here is Moloney's story.

Last edited:

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
As Australia's 473 athletes attempt to, as always, acquit themselves with distinction, what sports will hold most of your attention in Tokyo. I will be glued to the goggle box for every race by our Dolphins, our track cyclists, rowers/canoists, sailors, hockey and sevens rugby teams. I will also be following our dual Decathletes.. Cedric Dubler and Ash Moloney as they guts their way thru nine gruelling sports. Plus the talented trio Nicola McDermott (high jump) Kurtis Marschall (pole vault) and distance runner Stewart McSweyn as he takes on the strong African nations. Can our world class three-day Equestrian Eventing team again medal and give living legend Andrew Hoy a fitting send off if the 8-time Olympian and '92, 96 and Sydney 2000 gold medalist calls it quits after Tokyo.

Last edited:
Hopefully these fit in here: Softball and Soccer schedules for our Aussie teams.

2021-07-19_201939.jpg

2021-07-19_200846.jpg

dantm

Senior List
Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
thrashed by Japan
No surprise as they are probably the favourites
Australia have actually medalled at every Olympics in Softball

Women’s Soccer tonight against our traditional rivals Aus v NZ @ 930pm

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Should be a good game.

Plugger35 Hopefully your mob is ready to cop a drubbing from Kerr. Pepper your angus.

1080.jpg

Back