ATP/WTA Aussie Watch

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I don't understand his point. It was he who said it. What does he want to media to do???

He is losing the plot(or losing more of it)

I love Nick, but I wouldn't watch one of his games atm. Would just frustrate the hell out of me.

I thought it was a lame joke but he clearly likes the attention.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I don't understand his point. It was he who said it. What does he want to media to do???

He is losing the plot(or losing more of it)

He is the one coming off looking like a fool here. Media have not beat up anything (for once), as you said they just reported what he told them.

Last edited:

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Kyrgios out of Shanghai Masters. Apparently got in a slanging match with the chair umpire...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Wimbledon was my breaking point with Nick, everything since then, the lackluster performance against Fed, poor Asian swing etc. just confirms that.

Ebden had a 3 set win over Tiafoe as well

The City Boyz

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2016
Albert Park
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Wimbledon was my breaking point with Nick, everything since then, the lackluster performance against Fed, poor Asian swing etc. just confirms that.

Ebden had a 3 set win over Tiafoe as well
I reckon he'll fire himself up for the Aussie swing but yeah otherwise it's getting pathetic now

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Nick really shouldn't do the Shanghai Masters.

If I had to pick a career from here on, I pick Tomic over Nick at this stage. Nick has gone so far downhill in 18 months.

I dread the Aussie swing coming up. The media will be attacking him for day dot, which is his fault. And I think he will find a similar reaction to Tomic by the public. Just disdain. The fact that some of his biggest supporters on this forum have had enough showcases how bad his "performances" have been and how fed up with the fact it keeps happening and the fact he doesn't have a coach. I think it will be ugly.

I hope ADM is ready for the spotlight.

The City Boyz

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2016
Albert Park
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas

If I had to pick a career from here on, I pick Tomic over Nick at this stage. Nick has gone so far downhill in 18 months.

I dread the Aussie swing coming up. The media will be attacking him for day dot, which is his fault. And I think he will find a similar reaction to Tomic by the public. Just disdain. The fact that some of his biggest supporters on this forum have had enough showcases how bad his "performances" have been and how fed up with the fact it keeps happening and the fact he doesn't have a coach. I think it will be ugly.

The hype around this Aussie swing will be bigger than it's been for a while IMO, what with the higher number of Aussies competing, low injury lists on both tours, Serena controversy and the growing hype around ADM

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Also had my breaking point with Nick earlier this year, I've had enough. With De Minaur, Millman and Ebden having good results this year it's been easier following other Aussies on the tour.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My Nick breaking point was when he lost to Seppi at the Aus Open in 2017, ended up barracking for Seppi that day. Apart from Davis Cup haven't really watched him much since. Much more to like about the other Aussies at the moment. It's all been said before, a more professional approach and he could be anything, but it's up to him.

Well done to Matty Ebden and Alex. I'm a bit concerned that Millman lost in the first round of qualies :think: (Then again he always starts slow after a break).

Nick tanking at the Shanghai Masters is now a yearly tradition. The biggest thing for me with the Aussie swing is that he has a lof of points to defend, the title in Brisbane and 4th round in Melbourne where he played really well (Dmitrov playing probably his only great match of the year still annoys me but anyway...) but his play since then has been awful. As far as Tomic, I don't trust either of them....

Alex is ready for the spotlight but his next few years are going to be interesting as he gets stronger, he's going to have some "bad" losses from time to time purely because he gets blown off the court but what he has done this year has been incredible. What he has done alone shows he is mentally strong.

Millman did pull out of a couple of tournaments in the last two weeks so the qualy loss didn't surprise me completely, just hope he can get a few wins this indoor season.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
So we will have 4 Aussies in the top 50 by the end of the season ? That actually isn't bad for us considering how bad Australian tennis has been for some period of time. Though Talent wise Nick should be in at least the top 15 so I suppose we can't be to excited about that.

Back