ATP/WTA Aussie Watch

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
That is crazy how long it been since an Aussie woman number 1 in world.
Well done Ashleigh.
Refreshing to see a normal well adjusted human Tennis player from Australia after some of the complete knobs on the men's side. Knob is probably being kind to Tomic.
Anyway, well done Barty. You a true champ and all class in how you interact with others with success and show it is so easy to be a kind human being and still win.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
What are peoples thoughts on Hewitt practicing with Thompson yesterday? Kyrgios probably doesn't want any assistance but I think he needs to stay neutral?

What are peoples thoughts on Hewitt practicing with Thompson yesterday? Kyrgios probably doesn't want any assistance but I think he needs to stay neutral?

He's playing doubles with him. Don't see the issue. Doubt Nick cares but if he does, maybe he should care on the court for a change...

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur

I don't have a problem with it. I think it's a bit late in the whole saga for any facade of neutrality.

Tomic, De Minaur and Popyrin all through to the Quarters in Atlanta. De Minaur playing Tomic, Popyrin playing Norrie.

Excellent, Tomic is getting some temporary results... time for my signature to become valid again.

Also De Minaur is a terrible matchup for Tomic, he isn't suited to players who would rather run all day.

Because he has an ATP tournament win in China and a Challenger tournament win in Spain to defend coming up, is already outside the top 100 and he has been dumped by sponsors and TA.

If he can win a tournament like Atlanta it keeps his head above water.
Hopefully doesn't direct qualify for AO and TA don't give him a wildcard.
His attitude is embarrassing

Plays Fritz in the final. A win will help limit the damage potentially after that final he made in Washington last year. He played alright for the bits and pieces I saw...

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Few Aussies in action on the ATP tour this week. Marc Polmans won his first ever main draw atp level win in Washington, but lost in the 2nd round. Kyrgios and Thompson have both progressed to the 3rd round in Washington and Kokkinakis has won back to back matches in Los Cabos to reach the 3rd round there.

Back