ATP/WTA Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

An amzing year for Chris O'Connell. He would have to be a lock for a AO wildcard.

'No player won more professional matches in 2019 than Chris O' Connelll, whose incredible tally of 82 match victories helped him vault more than 1,000 places in the rankings in the past 12 months. '

Yeah, if he had of won that challenger the other week, he actually would of made direct entry into AO (think he lost in the semis), which is incredible for a guy who has had that much trouble with injuries.

Is this the best group of Rising Aussies we've had in the men's top 100 for some time?

Di Minaur (18), Kyrigios (30), Millman (48), Thompson (63), Popyrin (97), Duckworth (100).

Few guys capable of causing some damage at a major slam, some even pushing deep into the second week. Going to be a fun time watching this group. Either injury curtail them like every era or they can take that step and win some stuff.

The woman's side, we really only have Barty to hang our hat on. Tomljanovic (#51) the second best Aussie and the by gone star Stosur our next best ranked lady at 99.

Not big news but as I was leaving the Strikers game today, Popyrin was coming the other way across the bridge.

Most of the players would be staying at the InterContinental Hotel so that Torrens bridge would be a great place for autographs as it is only a five minute walk from the Hotel to Memorial Drive.

I watched Harris, Pohlmans and Patrick-Smith today in qualifying for Adelaide. All three were disappointing. They obviously deserve their AO wildcards but I can't see any of them getting through the first round.

Rodionova played really well in her game.

Millman copping something backlash about his game against Federer.

It’s easy to see why, carried on like an arrogant twat at stages. Confident? Sure! Arrogant? Tone it down please mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, calling Millman arrogant might be the most stupidest thing anyone has said.

Anyone know what Tomic is doing tennis wise? He didn't play any lead up tournaments but fronted for AO qualifying and had entered a number of tournaments over the next few weeks but is gradually withdrawing.

He won't make Challenger cut offs soon which will probably be the end of his career and no live betting available.

Last edited:
Anyone know what Tomic is doing tennis wise? He didn't play any lead up tournaments but fronted for AO qualifying and had entered a number of tournaments over the next few weeks but is gradually withdrawing.

He won't make Challenger cut offs soon which will probably be the end of his career and no live betting available.
Still entered for Dallas CH and New York Q it appears

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Popyrin might carrying that injury still. He lost first round to Mannarino 0-6, 7-6, 0-6. Strange scorelines, maybe it's best to rest it for a few weeks.

Millman withdrew from Montpelier this week also. I assume some injury but I don't know any details.

Pohlmans (no.1 seed) lost in the second round (bye first round) of the Launceston Challenger to Mott. Back to earth with a thud after winning his first round at the AO!

Millman withdrew from Montpelier this week also. I assume some injury but I don't know any details.

Pohlmans (no.1 seed) lost in the second round (bye first round) of the Launceston Challenger to Mott. Back to earth with a thud after winning his first round at the AO!

It must be hard to play those tournament after playing in front of thousands of fans cheering at the Australian Open.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back