Current Aussie woman caught with 5.8kg of charlie at Colombia airport

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want to make any judgement and it is his right not to talk to the media nor to talk about his daughter.

But 1 line in the story linked had me confused/interested. 'You can ring my lawyer if you don't understand me. Its got nothing to do with me'

Yeah ok but what does your lawyer have to do with it??

The waters are indeed murky as hell. Not a slice of empathy from the father speaks volumes IMO

THE father of a young Australian arrested on drugs charges in Colombia wants “nothing to do” with his daughter’s case.

a5d92f2eb434cdc543e1396d2d583d6e

Ahh, now we know who her handler is.

Main lesson learned here is if you are trying to smuggle charlie back from SA, make sure your ticket purchases don't look suss

Not sure I totally buy the ' yeah we noticed her ticket was purchased randomly' line.

they must have had eyes on a few people and she walked into the view

Yep

The look on her face with all the knock off Beats By Dre on the table is the look of someone resigned to her fate, not someone who fiercely believes they are innocent

She peaked early.
Not sure I totally buy the ' yeah we noticed her ticket was purchased randomly' line.

they must have had eyes on a few people and she walked into the view

Bigger give away is the fact she went there for a "working holiday"...Last minute purchase of ticket doesn't allow time for the correct visa to be processed.

“We found her because of an alert from the DEA (US Drug Enforcement Agency),” Bogota airport’s narcotics chief, Commander Rodrigo Soler, told News Corp Australia Network.

He said she had cleared security, checked her bag and was minutes away from boarding her flight when the alert came up.

“The alert said check this person so we pulled her aside and we searched her luggage and we arrested her. We asked ‘is this your bag, did you pack this?’. She said ‘yes’.”

Soler told The Australian Ms Sainsbury’s ticket, which was bought at the last minute by an unknown party in Hong Kong for a trip from Australia to Bogota via London, was one of several red flags that caused North American agencies to alert Colombian police.

Throw away the key

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either in a heap of debt or wanting the easy money for her dream wedding. Getting married at 22 has cinderella syndrome written all over it. I love how the ABC reports it as 'used unsophisticated methods' to try and smuggle the gear so in other words she is thick as pig s**t. She should have at least watched Mary Full of Grace first.

"thick as pig s**t"

Lmao

I feel sorry for her and her family.

But you play with fire you get burnt. She rolled the dice... jail or multi millionaire.

Trying to smuggle Cocaine out of Colombian airports is the craziest thing anyone can do. Airports there are the tightest in the world... Dogs absolutely everywhere, dudes with machines guns randomly sticking skewers through suitcases. This is all before you check in your bags, then it all gets x-rayed and dogs go over it again. I'm surprised she made it that far.

Experienced mules drive it over the border and fly out of neighboring countries.

Honestly it's an incredibly dumb thing to do out of Colombia..and anyone that thinks shes innocenct are almost as dumb as the people that still believe baggage handlers set up Schapelle...LOL.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for her and her family.

But you play with fire you get burnt. She rolled the dice... jail or multi millionaire.

Trying to smuggle Cocaine out of Colombian airports is the craziest thing anyone can do. Airports there are the tightest in the world... Dogs absolutely everywhere, dudes with machines guns randomly sticking skewers through suitcases. This is all before you check in your bags, then it all gets x-rayed and dogs go over it again. I'm surprised she made it that far.

Experienced mules drive it over the border and fly out of neighboring countries.

Honestly it's an incredibly dumb thing to do out of Colombia..and anyone that thinks shes innocenct are almost as dumb as the people that still believe baggage handlers set up Schapelle...LOL.
Most coke is actually manufactured in Bolivia and Peru now. Probably because it is easier to smuggle. Dea has been all over Colombia since Escobar and now they have the infrastructure to shut it down

The ones I feel sorry for are those who got taken in by the BS story of hers and have donated money for her legal fees via the fundraising website.

How is that going by the way? Can you undonate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back