Premiership Player
Dec 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Richmond Central
Ray, can this thread be stickied mate?

I'd love to read on a regular basis, how the likes of Nicky Carle, Scott McDonald, Carl Valeri etc are faring.

We always hear about our big guns in England and sometimes Italy (only one left in Vinnie), but i'd like people to post updates on players from more remote leagues. Mile and Chipper in Switzerland are regular socceroos we never hear about.

Pretty please...

Sterjovski, great bloke. Spoke to him for about 20 minutes in Hanoi at the Sheraton hotel, real top bloke.

Also chatted to Aloisi, Dukes and Bresh, all good blokes, Viduka is very down to earth. Sterj said he will definetely come home to the A League in a few years as well.

Sterjovski, great bloke. Spoke to him for about 20 minutes in Hanoi at the Sheraton hotel, real top bloke.

Also chatted to Aloisi, Dukes and Bresh, all good blokes, Viduka is very down to earth. Sterj said he will definetely come home to the A League in a few years as well.

Can i see a name dropper? haha

Also guys, if you can speak another language please help by posting info from leagues which language you can speak. I tried to get info from Nicky Carles friendly games but i can't speak a word of turkish!!

Luton Town captain Chris Coyne pulled out of their friendly match against Stevenage Borough with a throat infection but should be fine for the start of the season.

Adam Federici made some good saves after coming on as a half time sub in Reading's 2-1 friendly win over Wolves last week.

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/index.php?pid=st&cid=93241

Storey signs for Thistle

Former Melbourne Victory defender Simon Storey has signed a contract with Scottish One side Partick Thistle.

Storey, a key member of Victory's side in the first two seasons of the A-League, has penned a deal 'until at least December 15th 2007', Thistle said on its official website.

The 25-year-old played in Thistle's league opener on the weekend against Stirling Albion as a trialist, and will now remain with the club at least until the end of the year.

Is this a step down? Scottish league one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Carney made his debut for Sheffield United last night in the League Cup, and played the whole game. Nick Carle also played on the weekend for Genclerbirligi, who effectively lost to their recently promoted reserve team.

James Wesolowski scored for Leicester in the 1 nil win against Accrington in the Carling Cup. The really good news is that he has now played 2 full games in the past few days. Hopefully is back to full fitness. Still only a teenager.

Currently watching Scott McDonald playing for Celtic v Spartak Moscow. He delivered a beautiful cross to set up the hoops first goal.

Kewell yet to feature on the team sheets in Liverpools 2 games so far.

Some news from last night:

- Patrick Kisnorbo scored for Leicester in their 2-2 draw at Crystal Palace.
- Josh Kennedy again came off the bench in Nurnberg's 2-1 win vs. Hansa Rostock. Beauchamp and Spiranovic were unused subs.
- Luke Wilkshire played a full game for Twente in their 2-0 season opening win vs Excelsior.
- Brett Holman also played 90 minutes for NEC in their 1-1 draw with Roda JC.

Some news from last night:

- Patrick Kisnorbo scored for Leicester in their 2-2 draw at Crystal Palace.
- Josh Kennedy again came off the bench in Nurnberg's 2-1 win vs. Hansa Rostock. Beauchamp and Spiranovic were unused subs.
- Luke Wilkshire played a full game for Twente in their 2-0 season opening win vs Excelsior.
- Brett Holman also played 90 minutes for NEC in their 1-1 draw with Roda JC.

Great news.

Does anyone know much about Dean Bouzanis, the 16 y.o keeper at Liverpool? Must be a decent prospect to be picked up by Liverpools acacdemy.

Just read an interesting thread on Jess Van Strattan who is on loan at Juve. Supposably told his club Verona that he wanted to terminate his contract and move back to Australia which was done and he then signed with Juve. Once Verona found this out they took out legal action or something and got him back, and then loaned him out to Juve.

He is 3rd string there, he'd just be stoked to be training with those players though i'd suspect.

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22288

Remove this Banner Ad

Back