Aussies in the NBA & Europe

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've been posting a sh!tton of NBA highlight videos by Aussies recently but have struggled to classify them between the three or more relevant threads. So I have started this thread for discussion (and highlight videos) of Australian players in the elite leagues.

Discussion of our AIS/junior national teams and college prospects can stay in the future of Australian basketball thread.

So... Dante is injured, huh?

Ben Simmons looks like a bust.

Thon is the best 24 year old the NBA has ever seen come straight out of high school.

Does Aaron Baynes have the worst haircut in the NBA?

What sort of career would Jingles have had if he entered the league 5 years ago?

How long until Jonah Bolden replaces Jahlil Okafor on the 76ers roster?

Is Delly really a dirty player or are the seppos a bunch of hypocritical pussies who don't like foreigners with grit?

Which contending team will take Andrew Bogut off the Lakers at the deadline for backup centre minutes and defence?

Something something Patty Mills?

Have at it!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Simmons with almost another triple double, 19 points, 13 rebounds, 9 assists and a massive slam to close out the game against Atlanta.

Another angle

And a slow mo version.

Last edited:
Man, Bolden's jumper looks gooooood. Nice high, quick release. Looks like he's tightened it up a bit since last year? Should be pretty effective if he gets over to the NBA.

Man, Bolden's jumper looks gooooood. Nice high, quick release. Looks like he's tightened it up a bit since last year? Should be pretty effective if he gets over to the NBA.

Effective?

He's going to be a bit more than that I reckon, he looks better with better opposition I reckon.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him on a $15-20ma year contract inside of the next 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

neivyAp.jpg

Someone at Liberty Ballers crunched Ben Simmons numbers.

Currently he is responsible for 38.5 points per game (points scored + points assisted on).

His 7.9 average assists per game puts him fifth in the league behind Russell Westbrook, John Wall, James Harden and LeBron James. He’s also 5th in potential assists (14.8) behind those same four but in a different order. That means players are shooting 53.4% off of his potential assists, a whole 7.9% higher than their overall percentage on the season. Currently the Sixers are 13th in the NBA in FG%, if the whole team shot the percentage they do off of Simmons’ passes, they’d be 1st.

He's 7th in points responsible for behind Harden (49.1), LeBron (47.8), Russ (45.6), Giannis Antetokounmpo (44.9), John Wall (43.4), and Damian Lillard (39.6). Twenty of the points Simmons is responsible for per game come via assist, which would be 6th among the top-10 total point creators.

Simmons is 6th in the league in total distance traveled on the court and first for loose balls recovered.

His points-per-possession as a pick-n-roll ball-handler aren’t tops in the league, but at 0.80, he’s only .01 lower than Harden and Westbrook. Among players who attempt at least two field goals in transition per game, Ben is 2nd in the league in FG% (77.8%) behind Anthony Davis.

He couldnt miss in the last. Killed us :(

Yeah, it was tricky to tell if the game was already as good as over or not, but he definitely put it out of reach. To that extent, you guys were probably a bit stiff, since he's been (taking my Aussie hat off) borderline putrid for the 8 games before-hand.

If Simmons keeps playing and producing like he is and the Sixers are above 500, he is a lock to be an All Star. The question is whether LeBron as a team captain will pick him first.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back