Australia’s fixture in 2018 (England, Zimbabwe?, Bangladesh?, Pakistan)

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess this is a similar squad that Australia will get against Pakistan (minus Yasir)

The B'desh series here won't happen cause TV stuff and apparently it costs too much.

That's a shame but at least the ICC Championship will force countries to host each other. B'Desh I would reckon should come during the summer than the winter. A lot of Bangladeshi people live in the big cities, so you'll get the crowds.

The B'desh series here won't happen cause TV stuff and apparently it costs too much.

That's a shame but at least the ICC Championship will force countries to host each other.

Not really. I don't see India hosting Pakistan anytime soon.

CA really hates Bangladesh.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23448922/australia-cancel-hosting-bangladesh-later-year
Australia have called off hosting Bangladesh later this year for financial reasons, arguing that it no longer makes sense to play top-end matches, usually played in north Queensland and the Northern Territory, out of season because they get "swamped" by the major football codes.

The ICC's Future Tours Program (FTP) had Australia down to play two Tests and three ODIs at home against Bangladesh in August and September 2018, the latter's first bilateral tour down under since 2003. However, the trip was scrapped because Australian free-to-air broadcasters are understood to be uninterested in televising the series in the middle of the football season. Cricket Australia communicated to the BCB that the tour was not "commercially viable".
If only one could have possibly seen the major football codes swamping sport at that time of year in advance.

This doesn’t excuse the disgraceful way India throws its weight around based on what others can and can’t do for them financially, but this is exactly the same as some of the criticism that gets hurled their way.

The strong nations literally do not give a single f*** about the welfare of the game itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we playing cricket to make money, or making money to play cricket?

You know you’re in trouble when sport starts getting referred to as “content”.

just another example of CA's priorities being totally out of whack. there were more concerned about perception than looking after their players in South Africa and now they have cancelled a completely viable series because the TV networks might not pay them quite so much. What a joke.

just another example of CA's priorities being totally out of whack. there were more concerned about perception than looking after their players in South Africa and now they have cancelled a completely viable series because the TV networks might not pay them quite so much. What a joke.
They talk about a bad culture within the side but what does this decision say about the culture at board level?

Sunderland's bonus is in trouble, by trying to host games (Bangladesh ) that dont make CA money
gee they have really lost it CA (not everything has to make millions, just balance it out over the whole yr)
I going to take my bat and ball and go home

Not really. I don't see India hosting Pakistan anytime soon.

CA really hates Bangladesh.

They will not have a choice once the Championship begins. If they are drawn to play Bangladesh at home, they will have to.

Of course, that's not to say that they will be drawn to do so. In fact, it wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprising if they did everything in their power not to do so.

They will not have a choice once the Championship begins. If they are drawn to play Bangladesh at home, they will have to.

Of course, that's not to say that they will be drawn to do so. In fact, it wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprising if they did everything in their power not to do so.
They still don't "have to do so". They just forego a few points in a pretty meaningless "championship". If its a choice between money and Test Championship points, its pretty clear CA (and BCCI) will choose the money.

They still don't "have to do so". They just forego a few points in a pretty meaningless "championship". If its a choice between money and Test Championship points, its pretty clear CA (and BCCI) will choose the money.

How do you know it will be meaningless? There won't be much room for bilaterals outside of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back