AUSTRALIA A TOUR OF ENGLAND - SQUADS

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
This guy is special one like Ponting that comes along every 10 years. So for me he goes on Ashes tour if we have lost the ashes then give him a game

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Guess I am the only one who doesn’t think Pucovski is ‘special’ yet. He’s has a start to his good start to his shield career so far but I don’t understand why people are so desperate to rush him in to the test side, especially an away Ashes series. No hurry. Hope they let him keep making shield runs heading in to the home NZ series. Debut him there if his form warrants selection.

Don’t need another kid back in shield with no confidence after they are dropped because campaigners start campaigning for them to be dropped as soon as they have a lean patch. Renshaw is already one too many.

Last edited:

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think traditionaly for a younger batting prodigie we have had a strong batting unit and it has been very hard to break in unless you have scored big and at the right time.

The ones that spring to mind for me have been Ponting Martyn and I think clarke was around 23 when he made his debut ???......Renshaw was young and started well but unfortunately hasn't gone on with it

I remember Martyn as a youngster scoring 3 hundreds in a row to get himself into the team against the Windies and South Africa...then he was unfairly treated scapegoated when he made 9 at the scg against the saffers... then it took years for him to get back.... I think the selectors where a little bit worried that this might happen again with a youngster so they want them to get plenty of first class cricket under there belts before trying them in the test arena

Yeah I can't believe I forgot all about Clarke. Shaun Marsh probably another of the teenage prodigies, but did take a few years before he got his opportunity in the ODI side and even longer for tests. Jake Doran had a pretty decent summer, be interesting to see if he continues to progress as is still very young.

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Guess I am the only one who doesn’t think Pucovski is ‘special’ yet. He’s has a start to his good start to his shield career so far but I don’t understand why people are so desperate to rush him in to the test side, especially an away Ashes series. No hurry. Hope they let him keep making shield runs heading in to the home NZ series. Debut him there if his form warrants selection.

Don’t need another kid back in shield with no confidence after they are dropped because campaigners start campaigning for them to be dropped as soon as they have a lean patch. Renshaw is already one too many.

I wouldn't select him yet either, the middle order already has a number of candidates whereas whomever is the spare is will likely need to be able to come in an open.

Back