AUSTRALIA A TOUR OF ENGLAND - SQUADS

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Four-day: Tim Paine (c), Marcus Harris, Kurtis Patterson, Will Pucovski, Travis Head (vc), Peter Handscomb, Matthew Wade, Mitch Marsh, Michael Neser, Jon Holland, James Pattinson, Jackson Bird, Josh Hazlewood (vc), Chris Tremain

ODI: Travis Head (c), Matthew Wade, Will Pucovski, Peter Handscomb, Ashton Turner, Mitch Marsh (vc), D’Arcy Short, Kurtis Patterson, Ashton Agar, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Josh Hazlewood (vc), Kane Richardson, Sean Abbott

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
I assume all of Burns, Labuschagne and Siddle weren't considered for the A team as they have county deals so will already be playing over there.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Four-day:

Marcus Harris
Matthew Wade
Kurtis Patterson
Travis Head
Peter Handscomb
Will Pucovski
Tim Paine (c)
James Pattinson
Jackson Bird
Josh Hazlewood
Jon Holland

12th Man: Mitch Marsh

Just what I'd like to see.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Four Day side I'd like to see
Wade, Harris, Pucovski, Handscomb, Patterson, Head, Paine, Pattinson, Bird, Hazlewood, Holland

What they will go with

Wade, Harris, Patterson, Pucovski/Handscomb, Head, Marsh, Paine, Pattinson, Bird, Hazlewood, Holland

One day side I'd go for:
Wade, Short, Pucovski, Handscomb, Head, Turner, Marsh, Agar, Pattinson, Richardson, Hazlewood

I think it will be a rotation in fairness. Wade shouldn't open in FC at all.

Harris
Patterson
Pucovski
Head
Handscomb
Wade
Paine
Neser
Pattinson
Hazlewood
Holland

One Day

Wade
Short
Patterson
Handscomb
Head
Turner
Marsh
Agar
Neser
Richardson
Hazlewood

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Strange selections for the One day matches. I feel like Pucovski and Patterson are wasted in that format when we could have sent guys like Heazlett, Mcdermott or Weatherald who have all had really promising starts to their List A careers. Need kids like that playing as much 50 over cricket as possible seeing as they get * all chances outside of a handful of JLT matches every Spring.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
I think it will be a rotation in fairness. Wade shouldn't open in FC at all.

Harris
Patterson
Pucovski
Head
Handscomb
Wade
Paine
Neser
Pattinson
Hazlewood
Holland

The opener spot is difficult, my only concern with Patterson is he isn't going to be opening in the tests so seems a waste him playing there

Wades not a first class opener I agree, but of the options, there isn't a perfect solution

Strange selections for the One day matches. I feel like Pucovski and Patterson are wasted in that format when we could have sent guys like Heazlett, Mcdermott or Weatherald who have all had really promising starts to their List A careers. Need kids like that playing as much 50 over cricket as possible seeing as they get **** all chances outside of a handful of JLT matches every Spring.

For those 2 its more about being around the squad for the entire trip I'd imagine and CA limiting how many people they have to drag out there.

Seems pretty pointless picking Wade for the ODI A side now. Didn't give him a chance leading up to the WC so at his age what's the point. Is he going to be around for the next WC? Pretty doubtful.
I mean, who else would they pick? Inglis, Whiteman and Bancroft are average in the format, Peirson hasn't made a run in any format this year, Nevill and Paine are a similar age and Gotch struggled in the JLT this year

I assume all of Burns, Labuschagne and Siddle weren't considered for the A team as they have county deals so will already be playing over there.
Among others, yes
“We have Joe Burns, Cameron Bancroft, Marnus Labuschagne, Matthew Renshaw, Peter Siddle and Daniel Worrall in our sights but they have not been included in the squad and will continue to play through this period with their county teams," Hohns said.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...ld-cup-and-contract-list-20190414-p51dza.html

I mean, who else would they pick? Inglis, Whiteman and Bancroft are average in the format, Peirson hasn't made a run in any format this year, Nevill and Paine are a similar age and Gotch struggled in the JLT this year

I'd have liked to see Josh Phillipe get a go in the 50 over side personally.

Beat a relatively weak Northants last night. Hazlewood and Marsh took 2 wickets, Agar 3.

Wade made 117 off 67 opening up, Handscomb 64 off 57, Marsh 40*.

Four more One Day games against Derbyshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire twice. Three First Class games against Sussex, England Lions and of course Australia.

Any way we could get Wade into the WC squad? This is the kind of firepower we need.

Well lets get in a bloke averaging 25 odd, what can possibly go wrong...

Decent chance for the Ashes squad as the reserve bat

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah Carey hasn't been as impressive behind the stumps as I thought he may have been based on domestic cricket. If he takes Pandya's nick off Coulter-Nile first ball at the oval likely Australia would be undefeated in the cup. But has for the most part been handy enough as a contributor with the bat.

6-for for AJ Tye. Felt he was going to play a big role in this world cup being a point of difference to any other pacer/seamer/medium we have. Obviously a summer of struggles left him out of realistic contention.

Back