Australia A vs Pakistan

Remove this Banner Ad

We have to sit through another summer of Usman Khawaja crumbling under pressure... yay

Unless you plan on watching Queensland and the Thunder, by all reports you won't.

Who are our top 6 batsmen if Khawaja doesn't get a game?

Harris (not my preference but not as if the others are much better)
Warner
Lab
Smith
Wade
Pucovski (good selection, it’s time!)

I know he's hated but given his performances in shield cricket this summer I have to ask, why wasn't Shaun Marsh playing for Australia A ?

Well to me there isn't much doubt both Marsh and Khawaja are in our best 6 batsman.

Given their track record of not consistently performing at test level when do you move on and try to develop someone else? I mean we could have picked Marsh for the ashes and not uncovered Lab for instance.

Due to Marsh's age it looks like they have moved on from him first. If we were picking a team just to try and win the 1st test then I would pick him at #5. Low profile series this summer so do you pick to win at all costs or use a slot or two for the future. Fair enough if they go with Pucovski IMO.

I know he's hated but given his performances in shield cricket this summer I have to ask, why wasn't Shaun Marsh playing for Australia A ?
I suspect the selectors are spooked after the last couple of times he's been picked off incredible Shield form and been, at best, disappointing. He's now developed that recent history of good Shbield form not translating a level up. Wasn't he averaging about 90 in the Shield before being picked last time? Failing after that is going to play against anyone, particularly when it seems part of a pattern.
Age possibly plays into it as well; though it absolutely should not.

That's not good, the little I saw yesterday he was looking utterly rattled. Practically every short ball was either hitting him or bobbing up under no control. Maybe he got better later.
Was hooking and pulling with ease last night Ave. 50+ in Aus should be a no brainer, although the Warner rule seemingly does not applied to uzzie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back