Australia are cooked - England to create history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Been analysing the first 3 games of the Ashes since the finish of the 3rd test.

I've come to the conclusion that Australia are cooked. Outside of Cummins and Starc, our bowlers are ineffective.

Lyon is injured.

I've wagered $900 on England regaining that precious urn @ $5

Looking forward to enjoying my winnings.

Congrats Eddiesmith and Plugger on your ashes win.
Owe you an apology my friend. Great call!

Owe you an apology my friend. Great call!

Thank you. Australia may have retained the Ashes, and they deserve credit for that, especially after losing Lyon. Yes the rain saved them, but you still have to put yourself in the position to benefit from randomness.

Our seamers have looked impotent. Pretty much the entire series. It isn't a surprise when one considers that the form of Australian seamers largely falls off a cliff once they reach 32, 33 and 34 years of age.

The Poms stitched us up with flat and slow desks, no doubt about it. Think back to India in 2018/19 (home summer) smashing us to all corners of the mcg and scg. Then think back to 2020/21 - uncharacteristically slow wickets that neutralised our attack.

If the wickets are slow, our bowlers struggle. A bit of bounce and pace in the wicket, and the likes of Crawley and Duckett would be walking wickets.

Been analysing the first 3 games of the Ashes since the finish of the 3rd test.

I've come to the conclusion that Australia are cooked. Outside of Cummins and Starc, our bowlers are ineffective.

Lyon is injured.

I've wagered $900 on England regaining that precious urn @ $5

Looking forward to enjoying my winnings.

Congrats Eddiesmith and Plugger on your ashes win.

congratulations on your moral $4500 :thumbsu:

turned out to be reasonably astute, barring a miracle chase (and rain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back