Toast Australia Day 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly35

Cancelled
Nov 21, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Happy Australia Day tomorrow for all North supporters.

Whilst not a perfect country, i think it's a day though to celebrate the freedom, quality of life and comparitive luxuries we enjoy compared to many.

I think we are very lucky.

Hope everyone enjoys the day with family and friends, or whatever it is that is planned for tomorrow.

Happy Australia Day tomorrow for all North supporters.

Whilst not a perfect country, i think it's a day though to celebrate the freedom, quality of life and comparitive luxuries we enjoy compared to many.

Hope everyone enjoys the day with family and friends, or whatever it is that is planned for tomorrow.

To you too Saintly. Hope you get to have a fantastic day with your old man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is relative eh? When I think of our country over the last 10-20 years I see a lot of missed opportunity and it makes me sad. The stronger we are, the more useful we can be to both ourselves, as a world leader and also having the ability to help people in countries that haven't been blessed with the same good fortune.

Everything is relative eh? When I think of our country over the last 10-20 years I see a lot of missed opportunity and it makes me sad. The stronger we are, the more useful we can be to both ourselves, as a world leader and also having the ability to help people in countries that haven't been blessed with the same good fortune.

What he said.

Come on guys - glass half full day. This is such a fantastic country where you can be whatever you want to be. Problems? Sure. But compared to many more countries Australia is the place to be. Plus, we have the North Melbourne Football Club - no other country offers that.

Come on guys - glass half full day. This is such a fantastic country where you can be whatever you want to be. Problems? Sure. But compared to many more countries Australia is the place to be. Plus, we have the North Melbourne Football Club - no other country offers that.

True re North.

But don't get me started on a Richard Hadley long run up on what's giving me the shitz about Australia because I have to go get ready to cook an Australia Day BBQ.

Ffs.

True re North.

But don't get me started on a Richard Hadley long run up on what's giving me the shitz about Australia because I have to go get ready to cook an Australia Day BBQ.

Ffs.

x2.

I was being glass half full. :(

True re North.

Ffs.
Things aren't perfect but our problems are significantly less than many other countries. Enjoy the BBQ.

Things aren't perfect but our problems are significantly less than many other countries. Enjoy the BBQ.

Absolutely, we as a whole are generally very lucky but there is a bad thing creeping into society where Australia Day is being hijacked by groups who equate national pride with the right to belittle minority groups with the attitude of dont like, leave.

I've woken up this morning and my Facebook feed is covered in posts from hate groups, masquerading as patriotic groups; while completely ignoring thre fact there was over 40000 years of history here berfore white settlement. It's disgusting.

In short, enjoy Australia day, celebrate it with friends and family but realise there is more to Australia than a anglo saxon history and just because your parents weren't born here etc you now as much of a part of Australian society than anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True re North.

Ffs.

Given it's Australia Day you could have gone with:

external

Absolutely, we as a whole are generally very lucky but there is a bad thing creeping into society where Australia Day is being hijacked by groups who equate national pride with the right to belittle minority groups with the attitude of dont like, leave.

I've woken up this morning and my Facebook feed is covered in posts from hate groups, masquerading as patriotic groups; while completely ignoring thre fact there was over 40000 years of history here berfore white settlement. It's disgusting.

In short, enjoy Australia day, celebrate it with friends and family but realise there is more to Australia than a anglo saxon history and just because your parents weren't born here etc you now as much of a part of Australian society than anyone.

Wat Is Facebook thing me?

Happy Australia Day to all,
I'm being particularly unpatriotic today by spending my 9 - 5 at the office working :(
Unfortunately Indonesia doesn't recognise the arrival of 11 ships full of convicts next door as a reason to celebrate.
But after work I will be cooking meat pies for two Indonesian/Australians, two Frenchmen and a Colombiana. Could be worse.

To you too Saintly. Hope you get to have a fantastic day with your old man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate. Hope you and family are having a great day also and relaxing.

Just home after Dad looking a million times better. About to have a few beers to celebrate both that and the day itself....

Just home after Dad looking a million times better. About to have a few beers to celebrate both that and the day itself....
Great your dad is improving. Lost mine last year and Australia Day was his favourite day. House covered with aussie flags and always a celebration BBQ. Feeling just a little melancholy today.

Great your dad is improving. Lost mine last year and Australia Day was his favourite day. House covered with aussie flags and always a celebration BBQ. Feeling just a little melancholy today.

Thanks and he certainly is. Sorry to hear that and no doubt would be a difficult day considering your loss. Hope despite the difficult circumstances you are still able to enjoy the day to some extent.

Pretty sure we killed someone every day of the year when the ships landed.

The date must stay. Too much BS bending over for hippies already destroying us.

This thread mirrors society. I'm all alone here in my fervent belief that the date stays. So you all get lazy thinking you have 95% of the vote like Hillary, yet I'm positive I win if all those too scared to type what they believe get the chance at a referendum.

Pretty sure we killed someone every day of the year when the ships landed.

The date must stay. Too much BS bending over for hippies already destroying us.

This thread mirrors society. I'm all alone here in my fervent belief that the date stays. So you all get lazy thinking you have 95% of the vote like Hillary, yet I'm positive I win if all those too scared to type what they believe get the chance at a referendum.

Destroying?

Nanny State says hi.

1st January. (1901)

Iirc India does this day as its National Day.

You don't think one of the top 10 most racist bits of paper in Australian history will offend them? Many parts were born due to the Patriots being redneck racists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back