Australia Day 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

John Platten was in a Weddos film clip alongside the Donahers.
Odd mix. Hopefully they supplied plenty of bourbon to keep Noeline happy.

Yeah I know Tim Rogers is a North man, very jealous as I love You Am I and Hi Fi Way.

We have Tex Perkins though, massive Saints man.
You've also got one of the finest acoustic bluesmen that Australia has produced, and the best Aussie frontwoman since Chrissy Amphlett.

Odd mix. Hopefully they supplied plenty of bourbon to keep Noeline happy.

You've also got one of the finest acoustic bluesmen that Australia has produced, and the best Aussie frontwoman since Chrissy Amphlett.

Sarah McLeod is a Saints supporter? Even more reason to like The Superjesus.

Who are they? It's a pretty subjective claim.

(If you say Chris Wilson I'll laugh. Then cry.)

Last edited:
Saw this young fella yesterday. Sitting on an outdoor camping chair on his front lawn. Aussie hat on. Listening to down under on an old style stereo (may have had cassette). Eating milo from a family size tin with a spoon.

Sounds like you might have run into the Young Australian of the Year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lloyd Spiegel and Dallas Frasca (Chris Wilson was a Tigers fan).

Cheers very much I'll check him out.

She's a North supporter? Unreal. She goes off.

(At least Chris Wilson saw one of their flags before he died. About the only silver lining in that whole debacle that year.)

Cheers very much I'll check him out.

She's a North supporter? Unreal. She goes off.

(At least Chris Wilson saw one of their flags before he died. About the only silver lining in that whole debacle that year.)
No, they're St Kilda fans (I was replying to Plugger). I saw Chris Wilson do a solo gig in the evening when Richmond broke their drought.

Lloyd Spiegel and Dallas Frasca (Chris Wilson was a Tigers fan).
Fun fact: Dallas' youngest sister married a guy whose first name is Dallas.

No, they're St Kilda fans (I was replying to Plugger). I saw Chris Wilson do a solo gig in the evening when Richmond broke their drought.

Oh.

On the plus side thanks for intriducing me to Lloyd Spiegel.

Keep the date, change the name to "sorry we flogged yas day". That keeps everyone happy.

In WA we changed Foundation (of the Swan River Colony) Day to WA Day to make it "more inclusive". Same date.

Australia Day already has the most generic, inclusive name possible for a national holiday. If it was called Phillip Day or Colony Day or something then you could probably just change the name and appease at least some of the disaffected white people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia Day paraphernalia is atrocious.

If you want to wear something 'straya then be a good bloke and pull out the 1995 ODI shirt. Australia or Australia A, take your pick. Just as long as it's not red, white and blue.
And a tin of milo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back