Play Nice Australia Day messages from Clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

maybe theres too much of this going on too?

Carltons statement is as usual very bland. Kind of like our team really.

If one club doesn't make a social media post, they get roasted. If one club makes a post that doesn't cut the mustard, they get roasted. Etc.

Baring in mind these are professional sporting clubs that have disproportionate representation of indigenous players and who use their platform and resources to promote reconciliation, indigenous culture etc., and it's the off season. Meanwhile those doing the roasting are bored white people on the internet.

I really like Saints, Giants and Lion's messages :thumbsupemoji:. Would have liked to see the Dees be a little stronger with their statement it's nice enough though.

As for Carlton's attempt, lol. Pathetic. "We want to look like we care without offending anyone, so here's the club logo and some meaningless words".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The date of Australia day means nothing to me. I have no attachment to it and I suspect the same is true of many people. If no one really cares that much about the actual date why not change it for those who really hate the date.
Because that would be caving to the vocal minority.

All the clubs who say 'always was, always will be' (aboriginal land) should transfer ownership of the land their facilities are on to Aboriginal groups.

Bit hard for some clubs given the facilities are held on "crown land" and paid for with state and federal government funding.

Perhaps we compromise and get a treaty happening and work it out from there :thumbsupemoji:

Not much celebrating of anything. It should be January 1st, but i doubt that would appease the situation either.

I see your reasoning for Jan 1st, makes more historical sense than Jan 26.

I realise in this world that you ain’t going to make everyone happy with what you do, but name a date for when Australia was one. Last Monday in January, every year ?. It’s then not Jan 26, but still around the same period (thinking of fitting in public holidays).

Can’t see it here, but Trent Cooper has made a statement on behalf of the Freo AFLW team.

I knew what this would be before I opened it.

All the clubs who say 'always was, always will be' (aboriginal land) should transfer ownership of the land their facilities are on to Aboriginal groups.

And I knew what you would say when I saw your avatar and username pop up. :shrug:🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

West Coast absent again thus far.

Disappointing after the embarrassment of being the only club not to act for AFLW Pride Week.

Dropping the ball off the field as well as onfield of late.

It appears that your Media Department is asleep on the job. Normally these departments have media releases popping up daily (you know what I mean), but they have been very silent, or the kid on “holiday work”, has been left to write them.

Every club goes through periods where the club is mmmmmmmmm, in various areas. West Coast is going through this cycle at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back