Australia Day

Remove this Banner Ad

T

The Hitman

Originally posted by FIGJAM

Australia Day for me means half a slab and a barbie, with Tripple J's Hottest 100 going off its nut. I supose that is a good Aussie way to spend Australia Day!!!

Same. Good food, good music, and good alcohol...all on a public holiday! :D

The Hitman

Originally posted by joffa_pies4ever
Just because we were fortunate and lucky enough to be born in Australia doesnt mean we bloody well own it.

We have a responsibility to welcome those seeking safe refuge.

However we now dont, so down the toilet bowl we go as far as im concerned we are all nothing but crap!!!

Well Joff, if youre so unhappy with the way things are, feel free to try and find somewhere better.

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
Don't worry Vanders, when I go on an inane rant (which is far too often, if you ask most people who read my garbage), the best thing to do is lay down and think of something else :D

ah_19

Team Captain
Nov 25, 2000
perth
Other Teams
eagles
joffa well said
at least you can be comfortable that you wont have to explain to god why you were a self centered selfish bastard who couldnt give 2 cents to help his fellow man, i pity those that will have to come up with an excuse

Santos L Helper

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2001
Arrogant Prick
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Originally posted by vanders

Well Joff, if youre so unhappy with the way things are, feel free to try and find somewhere better.

The typical response from the ignorant. 'Love it or leave it' is the type of thing you expect from people who have no idea about the topic being discussed.

'peanut gallery'!!

Darky

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
country Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Originally posted by Santos L Helper

The typical response from the ignorant. 'Love it or leave it' is the type of thing you expect from people who have no idea about the topic being discussed.

'peanut gallery'!!

I disagree Santos.

Vanders was hardly saying "piss off somewhere else then".

With all the faults people find about our system of government, justice, the apparently conservative voting public, and society in general, you wonder why they stay here at all? Far be it for me or anyone else to tell Joffa he should leave the country - but I am genuinely curious why he hasn't if he hates it so much.

It's somewhat ironic that in a country that allows freedom of speech, some people use it only to condemn everything... yet when asked to put principle into practice, they don't, because they realise how lucky they are.

joffa_pies4ever

Senior List
Dec 7, 2001
melb vic aust
Now darky and all you other simplistic fools.

Have a good look around and if your happy with present day australia well i have great sorrow for you.

I am not proud to be an australian i am proud of australia's past.

We are a society ridden with drugs and still we have a zero tolerance policy.

We have a massive employment problem that has been swept under the carpet by all governments.

The welfare system we have now is designed to condemn not help.

We have a public hospital system that cannot cope.

We no longer respect or care for our elderly.

We now have record numbers of homelessness, thousands of people here in melb alone are sleeping outside in cars and parks and streets and how do i know this because im now in a programme with a welfare organisation to seekout these poor souls and give them a blanket and a bit of food and generally make them feel wanted.

I am deeply hurt and ashamed of OUR treatment towards refugees, the scare campaign certainly has all australians bluffed,The tampa boat affair was sickening and the trouble we now have at woomera has been bought on by lethargic australians with no heart and compassion led by the most evil and uncaring goverment in our history.

We justify our crappy stance on this subject with the boring belief that it is costing us too much money to accomodate and help these most unfortunate people into our society...yet we sit by and say nothing about the incredible waste of public funds by all state governments and the federal government.

The only lucky thing about australia is its postion geographically.

The poor and the disadvantaged have become the great evil in
our society, once upon a time aussies cared and were the first to want to help, now all we want to do is bignote ourselves and kick those who cannot kick back and dont dare think for one minute that we are the luckiest country in the world just ask the poor and the sick and the refugees and the unwanted elderly and the disadvantaged and the homeless if they really believe that crap.

What happened to 'a fair go for all' and finishing off here my heart goes out to all them kiddies at woomera gee what a fantastic impression they will have of orstralia!!

The only good thing that's happened to us lately is the retirement of that red headed biggot from queensland!!!

T

The Hitman

We are a society ridden with drugs...

This from the guy who was both drunk and stoned when I met him... :eek: ;)

The Hitman

Darky

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
country Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Joffa, you're ashamed of the Australia that knocks back refugees, but you're proud of Australia's past (where governments persecuted and segregated the Aboriginal community)?

You're a very strange fellow.

Oct 22, 2001
Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Other Teams
I hate football
Have a good look around and if your happy with present day australia well i have great sorrow for you.

We are a society ridden with drugs and still we have a zero tolerance policy.

We have a massive employment problem that has been swept under the carpet by all governments.

The welfare system we have now is designed to condemn not help.

We have a public hospital system that cannot cope.

We no longer respect or care for our elderly.

We now have record numbers of homelessness

I am deeply hurt and ashamed of OUR treatment towards refugees, the scare campaign certainly has all australians bluffed,The tampa boat affair was sickening and the trouble we now have at woomera has been bought on by lethargic australians with no heart and compassion led by the most evil and uncaring goverment in our history ...

The only lucky thing about australia is its postion geographically.

... once upon a time aussies cared and were the first to want to help, now all we want to do is bignote ourselves and kick those who cannot kick back ...

What happened to 'a fair go for all' ...

Edited highlights from Joffa's finest post ever. Congratulations on putting it so well.

To answer Darky's crticism ... there's nothing terribly "strange" about being proud of Australia's past despite the treatment of indigenous Australians. Our genocidal and assimilationist policies towards Aboriginal Australians have been a blot on an otherwise proud history of egalitarianism.

Australia, since Federation, has led the world in social justice. Unfortunately this all started to go pear-shaped in the late 1980s, as we became so obsessed with globalisation that we began to lower our standards to those of the rest of the world. This process has accelerated since 1996, when the selfish over-affluence of our swinging voters allowed them to elect a mean-spirited pack of thugs to run the country and turn us into an international disgrace.

I am proud to have been part of a once-great country.

But I am deeply ashamed of what this country has degenerated into. It could have all been so much better. But what have we got ...

Howard, Abbott, Costello, Ruddock ...

... and the idiots that voted them in.

To those people who say" If you don't like it ... leave" ... I have this to say ...

YOU are the ones who should leave. Why don't you rack off to America where you belong. Instead of turning MY country into another state of the U.S.A.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

66MunsterT

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2001
End of the Far Q
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Originally posted by Darky
So Joffa, you're ashamed of the Australia that knocks back refugees, but you're proud of Australia's past (where governments persecuted and segregated the Aboriginal community)?

You're a very strange fellow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Encore, Encore.

joffa_pies4ever

Senior List
Dec 7, 2001
melb vic aust
It really troubles you doesnt it darky? Yeah fancy that a knock about collingwood fella like me who does care about the way in which australia is headed.

And dont dare even try to imply i dont care about our past with the aboriginal people, i worked voluntary for many years in helping and assisting the aboriginal community. How dare you imply that my meaning of being proud of Australia's past could possibly mean i dont care what happened to the aboriginies.

If you were to read my past postings more carefully you would know where i stand on that shameful subject.

Darky this has nothing with myself being a collingwood person and it has nothing to do with myself supporting a labour government. im a person who heartaches at the injustice bought upon many classes of people by an uncaring and evil government and if that makes me a wretch well so be it.

And to the child who comes under the name of 'hitman' yes i do smoke dope on occasions and i love a drink with my friends.

Oh ok i get it because i regularly smoke dope it sort of dismisses any credibility i have discussing social issues ?

For a 16 year old your a very credible person arnt you hitman ? you dance around bigfooty thinking you know it all, but mate you know nothing about what im talking about because once upon a time Australia and australians did care !!

It saddens me greatly that you disagree with what i am trying to say but then again im not really suprised if your the next uncaring and selfish generation god help us all!!

66MunsterT

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2001
End of the Far Q
Other Teams
North Melbourne
It really troubles you doesnt it darky? Yeah fancy that a knock about collingwood fella like me who does care about the way in which australia is headed.

And dont dare even try to imply i dont care about our past with the aboriginal people, i worked voluntary for many years in helping and assisting the aboriginal community. How dare you imply that my meaning of being proud of Australia's past could possibly mean i dont care what happened to the aboriginies.

If you were to read my past postings more carefully you would know where i stand on that shameful subject.

Darky this has nothing with myself being a collingwood person and it has nothing to do with myself supporting a labour government. im a person who heartaches at the injustice bought upon many classes of people by an uncaring and evil government and if that makes me a wretch well so be it.

And to the child who comes under the name of 'hitman' yes i do smoke dope on occasions and i love a drink with my friends.

Oh ok i get it because i regularly smoke dope it sort of dismisses any credibility i have discussing social issues ?

For a 16 year old your a very credible person arnt you hitman ? you dance around bigfooty thinking you know it all, but mate you know nothing about what im talking about because once upon a time Australia and australians did care !!

It saddens me greatly that you disagree with what i am trying to say but then again im not really suprised if your the next uncaring and selfish generation god help us all!!

On occasions, Regularly. :confused: :confused:
When the Fog clears, come in and try again.
P.S I Personally wouldn't listen to any argument from a Person that is High, Drunk, or isn't Mantis or Darky.
Don't take this personally Joffa as I'm only stating my opinion and that's whats this Forum is supposed to be about.
Have a good Day.
Cheers from the the Munster.
:) :) :)

joffa_pies4ever

Senior List
Dec 7, 2001
melb vic aust
Its a shame isnt it, the ignorant have no argument so they pick at what they believe will give them the points, silly childlike bigheaded morons who actually believe in there pityful self importance.

I had 5 joints last year you see im the sort of person who loves having a good time with my mates, i dont crave false friendships with faceless people on internet bullettin boards.

I dont drink at home and i dont bong on at home, and im proud to care and feel for those who are not as fortunate as ourselves and until my last gasp in this life i will stick up for the socially disadvantaged.

ah_19

Team Captain
Nov 25, 2000
perth
Other Teams
eagles
Refugees make money
its just that the government you so love doesnt give it to you
because you see despite your braniwashing they couldnt care less about you
instead a wealthy billionare is allowed to exploit those "rabbid" refugees for thier technological skills and makes about 1 billion dollars from them per year,
so taxpayers pay 600 million, rich guy having sex wtih johnny makes 1 billion
and the average idiot thinks all of these people are braindead

btw the "reserve bank" which most ppl think controlls our money and keeps us steady is more or less a private organisation that has no money, it uses nothing but fiat money, ie nonexistant money, same with the yanks.

did you know the streets above the white house draw a pentagram, the ones to the west and east both draw satanic symbols too, of course its a fluke, george bush loves you

T

The Hitman

I just thought what you said was hypocritical, that is all, Joff.

Anyway, what specifics of good ol' Australia do you look back at, and do you wish were still around. What these days pissses you off?

I can only speak for what I see, and whil I think the world is a harsh, superficial place, and sometimes I wish I wasn't here, I believe I'd rather be living in this time rather than any other.

Every generation will have a bitch about the current one. I'm sure my great-grandmother bitched to my grandmother about her new generation coming up, way back in the 1950's.

You just have to remember, it's all subjective, and it's not The gospel according to Joffa. While I respect your opinions (and that drunk and stoned think was a lil' jibe - nothing personal), you have to respect other points of view too.

I'm proud of Australia's past, but don't let the good times of the past make you ashamed of us now.

The Hitman

Joffa I can see where you are coming from, but the thing is, as much as alot of people would like to, you just cant let them wander into the country.
Fair enuf you want to give everyone a fair go, but how can you when they dont have any papers, no ID, and we have no knowledge of their past? Surely you need some sort of background information on a person before you let them into the country, otherwise any wise guy could just float in on his boat.

What really annoys me about this is that they are being clothed and fed, and are living in better conditions than what they would be if they were at home. So they dont exactly have any freedom, but to try and quicken the process by sewing their lips together, burning their facilities and now making suicide pacts is silly, theyre just making it harder on themselves. But most of all, the worst thing about it is seeing the protestors out the front with signs saying *I'm on a hunger strike until this racism stops* Where do they pull that kinda stuff from? Where does racism fit into it?
As far as i can see it, they're Visa's would probably be issued alot sooner if they just co-operated and waited, instead of causing so many headaches.

joffa_pies4ever

Senior List
Dec 7, 2001
melb vic aust
Originally posted by The Hitman
I just thought what you said was hypocritical, that is all, Joff.

Anyway, what specifics of good ol' Australia do you look back at, and do you wish were still around. What these days pissses you off?

I can only speak for what I see, and whil I think the world is a harsh, superficial place, and sometimes I wish I wasn't here, I believe I'd rather be living in this time rather than any other.

Every generation will have a bitch about the current one. I'm sure my great-grandmother bitched to my grandmother about her new generation coming up, way back in the 1950's.

You just have to remember, it's all subjective, and it's not The gospel according to Joffa. While I respect your opinions (and that drunk and stoned think was a lil' jibe - nothing personal), you have to respect other points of view too.

I'm proud of Australia's past, but don't let the good times of the past make you ashamed of us now.

The Hitman

We are all brothers and sisters, country, race nor religeon should not stop us from caring and wanting to help, once we stop caring we might as well just roll over and die.
The woomera and tampa boat saga's is pure racism if they were white and english speaking people they would be welcomed with open arms.
Infact it is my belief that this will bring down the howard government and the sooner that happens the better we will be.
I dont have all the answers but i know that hatred will never solve anything, the howard government has brainwashed the orstralians into believing these people are evil and terrorist well done howard and ruddock you have divided this country very nicely.

In answer to your post and without wanting to sound over the top the world we are living in now is fast approaching its final chapter, granted we have allways had wars and poverty and all types of human misery but the one thing that is clearer today is people no longer care, once upon a time and not that long ago the majority cared now sadly to say its the minority who care, and why is this? we have become to fast too quick, family units are breaking down at an alarming rate,we have become motivated by greed, the refugee crisis and the majority of hate directed to these unfortunate people only shows that we no longer care about others, the 'it's better to kick than help mentality' is creeping in and firmly entrenching its self into society.

As human beings our first response should be to welcome these people with love and opened arms !!

The younger generation your generation hitman has the power to change things for the better if not your generation will certainly witness earth's final days, dont be corrupted by evil governments allways stand up for the socially disadvantaged, your generation must become strong in its endeavour to love and help those in need.

joffa_pies4ever

Senior List
Dec 7, 2001
melb vic aust
Originally posted by vanders
Joffa I can see where you are coming from, but the thing is, as much as alot of people would like to, you just cant let them wander into the country.
Fair enuf you want to give everyone a fair go, but how can you when they dont have any papers, no ID, and we have no knowledge of their past? Surely you need some sort of background information on a person before you let them into the country, otherwise any wise guy could just float in on his boat.

What really annoys me about this is that they are being clothed and fed, and are living in better conditions than what they would be if they were at home. So they dont exactly have any freedom, but to try and quicken the process by sewing their lips together, burning their facilities and now making suicide pacts is silly, theyre just making it harder on themselves. But most of all, the worst thing about it is seeing the protestors out the front with signs saying *I'm on a hunger strike until this racism stops* Where do they pull that kinda stuff from? Where does racism fit into it?
As far as i can see it, they're Visa's would probably be issued alot sooner if they just co-operated and waited, instead of causing so many headaches.

VANDERS

The first thing we have to remember is they are human beings with feelings i imagine the same as you and myself. I dont have the answers vanders and obviously our uncaring government has no answer either.
These people are imprisoned in a desert, but congrats vanders howard and ruddock will be pleased there propaganda machine has obviously won you over, stuck in a shed in a hot stinking desert= good living conditions ? and how do we know about such luxuries vanders when media is banned from entering the woomera refugee camp.

Scenario for you vanders your living in melbourne and all you have known and witnessed is civil wars and murders, your family butchered to death for not following strict religous belief's, you have no food, your family members are allways sick, your poor and opressed, There is a boat waiting to leave frankston pier to take you and your loving family members to a better place to a far away land which once offered hope and love, tell me vanders what would you do ?

And please lets get away from the propaganda crap that these people are terrorist and there only need to get here is to bomb the crap out of orstralia.

They are human beings vanders and should be treated with love and care.

Darky

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
country Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What's just as strange, is that so many people seek to condemn Australians and their government for being too cautious with refugees, yet you don't condemn the regimes which CREATE refugee crises.

Originally posted by Dr AlfAndrews

YOU are the ones who should leave. Why don't you rack off to America where you belong. Instead of turning MY country into another state of the U.S.A.

To paraphrase this, "if you don't agree with what I believe in, you should leave"... it's that mentality which creates conflicts and potentially creates refugee problems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back