Australia is OK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bostonian

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
It's a testament to the power of propaganda that people on 100k a year in this country feel like they're being hard done by.
It's a testament to the power of propaganda that people on not much think they deserve something off someone else who earned it.

Bomberboyokay

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
Live from Here
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Roosters, Mets, West Ham, NY Giants
Jacqui Lambie another non-Greens crossbencher who passes Liberal policy when in a position to stop it. When will some voters learn?

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
The same Jacqui Lambie who ran for Liberal preselection and was elected as member of the PUP? Shocked to be sitting here.

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
It's a testament to the power of propaganda that people on not much think they deserve something off someone else who earned it.
It's testament the power of propaganda that people who pay no net tax complain about the amount of tax paid by those that do.

My taxes should go towards schools, roads, hospitals etc. that I may or may not use. My taxes should go towards Newstart, disability support pensions, aged pensions etc. My taxes shouldn't go back to other taxpayers in the middle through dubious family payments.

Golden_6

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
It's testament the power of propaganda that people who pay no net tax complain about the amount of tax paid by those that do.

My taxes should go towards schools, roads, hospitals etc. that I may or may not use. My taxes should go towards Newstart, disability support pensions, aged pensions etc. My taxes shouldn't go back to other taxpayers in the middle through dubious family payments.
I heard some lady call up a radio station the other day complaining about the proposed tax cuts because it wasn't benefiting her and she wasn't receiving anything extra from her $20k a year earnings.

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Jacqui Lambie another non-Greens crossbencher who passes Liberal policy when in a position to stop it. When will some voters learn?

Greens voter - You know what my feelings are about this. I don't even pay taxes.
Liberal voter - Yeah, that's easy when you have no income.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
So the ALP who were vehemently against tax cuts passed tax cuts. Shocked to be sitting here.

Di Natale particularly salty. Spot on about the Liberals unnecessarily taking $90b out of the budget, spot on about the ALP being a weak opposition, typically immature about everyone not agreeing with what he wants.

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
So the ALP who were vehemently against tax cuts passed tax cuts. Shocked to be sitting here.

Di Natale particularly salty. Spot on about the Liberals unnecessarily taking $90b out of the budget, spot on about the ALP being a weak opposition, typically immature about everyone not agreeing with what he wants.
Can someone explain this to me. Their vote doesn't count, right? Like the government have the majority vote so why would it even matter if they said nope?

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
Jews have a disproportionate amount of power and are one of the few uncool religions to make exempt from ragging on.

The fact they all hang out together and produce together just shows how insular they are.

I don’t think it’s insidious or conspiratorial but you know.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wtaf.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
I said nothing about hard done by, just that it's not wealthy. I live in a rented apartment, with two incomes, saving for a deposit. I can't imagine how we would afford to have a kid at the moment for instance. Granted household income is about 150k - which is what, 100k after tax I guess? But even from that perspective I wouldn't say 100k for a household is enough to consider living off long term. I wouldn't say we're outrageous spenders, but it's still tough to save.

I'm not complaining as I live in a decent enough suburb and the commute to work is ok, but I'm hardly wealthy.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I said nothing about hard done by, just that it's not wealthy. I live in a rented apartment, with two incomes, saving for a deposit. I can't imagine how we would afford to have a kid at the moment for instance. Granted household income is about 150k - which is what, 100k after tax I guess? But even from that perspective I wouldn't say 100k for a household is enough to consider living off long term. I wouldn't say we're outrageous spenders, but it's still tough to save.

I'm not complaining as I live in a decent enough suburb and the commute to work is ok, but I'm hardly wealthy.
I agree with this.

Average income in Australia for full timers is $80,000.

$90,000, while in isolation is a good wage, after you factor everything else in, you're not left rolling in money.

Top Bottom