Australia is OK

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
All I hear every Oz day is about how we should change the date or about triple J or Fremantle, so how about some love and positivity to this beautiful country.

As a first-gen immigrant I am forever grateful to this nation for allowing a bunch of Slavs who didnt know the customs or language to come here and build a better life for their kids and grandkids.

Yes. I am not only glad my dads parents chose Australia but also Melbourne.

Imagine if they went Brisbane or Sydney i could have been a ******* rugby fan bleh

I really feel it's time that Victoria seceded from the rest of the nation.....All those bogan States are holding us back & down.....Our higher culture demands it.

All I hear every Oz day is about how we should change the date or about triple J or Fremantle, so how about some love and positivity to this beautiful country.

As a first-gen immigrant I am forever grateful to this nation for allowing a bunch of Slavs who didnt know the customs or language to come here and build a better life for their kids and grandkids.

The best country.

I think most who favour a move just prefer Australia Day is a date all Australians can celebrate. Not a date that shits on a group of Australians and their culture.

Most fair-minded people get this and it’s a big reason why it’s a great country.

Yep. Australia has it very good. Sure there is the small annoyance here and there but overall we are lucky. It's why so many people here piss me off because they have no idea.

Yes. I am not only glad my dads parents chose Australia but also Melbourne.

Imagine if they went Brisbane or Sydney i could have been a ******* rugby fan bleh

I arrived in Melbourne off the fairstar Got addicted to footy as a kid. Then moved to Sydney . I love footy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really feel it's time that Victoria seceded from the rest of the nation.....All those bogan States are holding us back & down.....Our higher culture demands it.
we hope you succeed

As do I....Then you can lay claim to all of Pauline, Sco-Mo, Barnaby & Mr Potato-Head as truly your own.
And you have Andrews, Kennett , Costello , Demetriou and Kirner all to yourselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you have Andrews, Kennett , Costello , Demetriou and Kirner all to yourselves

Meh, no comparison.

Dan Andrews as the First President of Victoria.....I like it....I'm not so sure Ruprect & his pals would look upon that too fondly.

The first order of decree.....The removal of all Newscorp entities from the newly formed Nation State.....Ah.....what a breath of fresh-air.

Watch Adelaide beg to become party to our league.....'Please save us from this motley ship of fools'.

Maybe Economic refugees and Stop the boats wasnt the catch phrase back then

I like that you can get Indian, Italian, Greek, Lebanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, pub food, American burgers for 7 bucks, 30 bucks, or a hundred bucks and it isn't from a chain.

That's the one thing I miss about home when I'm overseas. Of course the Japanese is going to be rubbish in Italy but as great as Italian is, don't you want to change it up at some point? Places like Sweden, you have to sit down in a restaurant to have a curry and it costs $40 for a below par, mostly thin sauce vindaloo. You go to similar countries to ours, like the UK or US and if you want a cheap bento box, you're going to have to go to a Wasabi and buy their overpriced California rolls. That or a highfalutin restaurant where it's all tiny serves of shaved tuna. I like how things can be cheap and readily available and it's not franchised, but there's also that really good high end availability too.

It's better than ok - we are so lucky. I will always have more love for my state than my country for a bunch of reasons which I will not go into here. That said, maybe I'm getting more parochial and sentimental with age because this year for the first time I could remember, I felt proud to be an adopted Australian and wholeheartedly joined in with others in the festivities :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back