Australia is OK

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacqui Lambie another non-Greens crossbencher who passes Liberal policy when in a position to stop it. When will some voters learn?

It's a testament to the power of propaganda that people on not much think they deserve something off someone else who earned it.

It's testament the power of propaganda that people who pay no net tax complain about the amount of tax paid by those that do.

My taxes should go towards schools, roads, hospitals etc. that I may or may not use. My taxes should go towards Newstart, disability support pensions, aged pensions etc. My taxes shouldn't go back to other taxpayers in the middle through dubious family payments.

It's testament the power of propaganda that people who pay no net tax complain about the amount of tax paid by those that do.

My taxes should go towards schools, roads, hospitals etc. that I may or may not use. My taxes should go towards Newstart, disability support pensions, aged pensions etc. My taxes shouldn't go back to other taxpayers in the middle through dubious family payments.
I heard some lady call up a radio station the other day complaining about the proposed tax cuts because it wasn't benefiting her and she wasn't receiving anything extra from her $20k a year earnings.

Jacqui Lambie another non-Greens crossbencher who passes Liberal policy when in a position to stop it. When will some voters learn?

Greens voter - You know what my feelings are about this. I don't even pay taxes.
Liberal voter - Yeah, that's easy when you have no income.

So the ALP who were vehemently against tax cuts passed tax cuts. Shocked to be sitting here.

Di Natale particularly salty. Spot on about the Liberals unnecessarily taking $90b out of the budget, spot on about the ALP being a weak opposition, typically immature about everyone not agreeing with what he wants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the ALP who were vehemently against tax cuts passed tax cuts. Shocked to be sitting here.

Di Natale particularly salty. Spot on about the Liberals unnecessarily taking $90b out of the budget, spot on about the ALP being a weak opposition, typically immature about everyone not agreeing with what he wants.
Can someone explain this to me. Their vote doesn't count, right? Like the government have the majority vote so why would it even matter if they said nope?

Jews have a disproportionate amount of power and are one of the few uncool religions to make exempt from ragging on.

The fact they all hang out together and produce together just shows how insular they are.

I don’t think it’s insidious or conspiratorial but you know.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wtaf.

Can someone explain this to me. Their vote doesn't count, right? Like the government have the majority vote so why would it even matter if they said nope?

They don't have a majority in the senate.

I said nothing about hard done by, just that it's not wealthy. I live in a rented apartment, with two incomes, saving for a deposit. I can't imagine how we would afford to have a kid at the moment for instance. Granted household income is about 150k - which is what, 100k after tax I guess? But even from that perspective I wouldn't say 100k for a household is enough to consider living off long term. I wouldn't say we're outrageous spenders, but it's still tough to save.

I'm not complaining as I live in a decent enough suburb and the commute to work is ok, but I'm hardly wealthy.

I said nothing about hard done by, just that it's not wealthy. I live in a rented apartment, with two incomes, saving for a deposit. I can't imagine how we would afford to have a kid at the moment for instance. Granted household income is about 150k - which is what, 100k after tax I guess? But even from that perspective I wouldn't say 100k for a household is enough to consider living off long term. I wouldn't say we're outrageous spenders, but it's still tough to save.

I'm not complaining as I live in a decent enough suburb and the commute to work is ok, but I'm hardly wealthy.
I agree with this.

Average income in Australia for full timers is $80,000.

$90,000, while in isolation is a good wage, after you factor everything else in, you're not left rolling in money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back