Australia Open Day 12

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Roger Federer versus Hyeon Chung.

The experience/GOAT versus youth/cult hero/underdog.

Swisse superstar versus the Korean sensation.

Semi Final on Australia Day.
7.30pm Rod Laver Arena
Weather 24deg with strong chance of thunderstorms.
Odds: Federer $1.17 Chung $5.25

These two have never played each other before.

Prediction:
Head says: Federer in 3 sets
Heart says: Chung in 5 sets

b714bcf95c47917e98c5cac1fa47640f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Hello Hamish

thank * c7 made the change to todd woodbridge last year when Hamish mclachlan was commentating all the mens matches in the first week post macavaney. that first week in 2017 must have been a nightmare for jim courier. mclachlan seems to have been relegated to studio host which is fine by me.

basil zemplas seems to be a bit of a ******* too though. he made some quip the other day along the lines of 'like sandgren in an hour' along the lines of 'like sands in an hourglass'. just * off.....how do you lot listen to these *******s throughout an entire AFL season?

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
I think Chung's amazing run will come to an end tonight.

Has anyone been following the men's doubles? So many seeds top seeds knocked out (Kubot/Melo, Peers/Kontinen, Rojer/Tecau, Herbert/Mahu,Murray/Soares, Bryan/Bryan etc.) and teams like Groth and Hewitt making it to the quarters o_O The final will be played between the 7th and 11th seeds, Marach/Pavic and Cabal/Farah.

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
I think Chung's amazing run will come to an end tonight.

Has anyone been following the men's doubles? So many seeds top seeds knocked out (Kubot/Melo, Peers/Kontinen, Rojer/Tecau, Herbert/Mahu,Murray/Soares, Bryan/Bryan etc.) and teams like Groth and Hewitt making it to the quarters o_O The final will be played between the 7th and 11th seeds, Marach/Pavic and Cabal/Farah.
Hell the same thing happened last year- Murray and Soares were the defending champs and got ko'ed first round

Polmans & Whittington managed to get to the semis by beating #1 Herbert/Mahut
The Gooch & Groth made it to the quarters
Carreno Busta and Garcia Lopez were unseeded and got to the semis

Though the final was 3rd vs 4th

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Hell the same thing happened last year- Murray and Soares were the defending champs and got ko'ed first round

Polmans & Whittington managed to get to the semis by beating #1 Herbert/Mahut
The Gooch & Groth made it to the quarters
Carreno Busta and Garcia Lopez were unseeded and got to the semis

Though the final was 3rd vs 4th

Yes, there are always a few surprises, but Kontinen and Peers winning last year was not an unrealistic expectation going into the tournament. Just feels like a lot of well known combos knocked out this year.

Back