Grand Slam Australia Open - Day 14 - Tsitsipas v Djokovic

Tsitsipas v Djokovic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The US Open normally throws up a surprise or 2.

Cilic, Medvedev, Murray, Thiem and Del Porto. All won their first title in the US.

If you include the womens, you have Stosur, Pennetta, Stephens and I am sure I am missing some.
The big one I missed, was Raducanu.

Andreescu as well

Wimbledon is the one most likely.

Correct as very few players can play on grass. It’s a good few years for Alcatraz to learn the craft.

French you never know if he avoids Nadal on the other side of the draw.

Correct as very few players can play on grass. It’s a good few years for Alcatraz to learn the craft.

French you never know if he avoids Nadal on the other side of the draw.

It is very demanding on the body and there are some good clay players. Tsitsipas is the major one, Ruud won't be a joke on it, and perhaps Sasha, who was beating Nadal before the injury, is also very good at the stuff

Man the next generation of players like Tsip,Medeve etc are not even close to the mental toughness of Novak,Rafa,Fed

There is going to be a massive viod once Novak and Rafa retire
Bingo. I knew the first 20 mins of the match tonight who was going to win. Just doesn't have it in him does Tsitsipas and I think time is running out for him because the younger guys behind him are breathing down his neck. Needs to develop a much better slice and more power on the backhand. His slice just sits up and is easy to attack. His got 12-18 months of being a contender IMO at his current level but with an improvement in a couple of areas that could change and he could finally make a breakthrough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is very demanding on the body and there are some good clay players. Tsitsipas is the major one, Ruud won't be a joke on it, and perhaps Sasha, who was beating Nadal before the injury, is also very good at the stuff

100% the draw is the big thing there. Gets the number 1 seed and if he gets Tsispas on the other side and Nadal you never know. I’d back him against the other two. Take Nadal out and Novak has 5 French opens he’s no mug on the clay

Without looking at the stats, I don't think she has made a quarter-final of a slam before or after.

Pretty sure she made a semi right before the US or was that Fernandez it’s one of them. Get them mixed up all the time

I probably like Alcaraz’s chances (dependent on injury), Tsitsipas’ chances and probably even Kyrgios’ chances for the US Open. So many random winners that it is unpredictable.

Kyrgios ain’t playing 7 matches to win a slam and the bloke can’t be stuffed the rest of the year so isn’t seeded high enough to protect himself

I have looked it up. It is not pretty reading

one 4th round at the US. And thats basically it. everything else is 2nd round or worst.

There we go wonder which one I’m getting it mixed up with. There was one of those surprise ones that came in with form, I’d have to look it up. Probably someone that made a final and lost.

Would consider the AO the easiest of the slams to win if you were a top player?

Wimbledon imo

Purely because very few know how to ply on grass (and there are very few grass events every year)

i dont understand, how is an uvaccinated player allowed to win?

also how can they allow the serbian flag whch is so close to the russian one?

also how can they allow a belarusian woman to win the womens when belarus is such a strong ally of russia no no no no i cant deal with this

at least they made the russian and belarusian players play under a white flag hahahahahahahahaha

Back