Grand Slam Australia Open - Day 5

What match are you most looking forward to?

• Alcaraz-Berrettini

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Barty-Giorgi

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Nadal-Khachanov

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Osaka-Anisimova

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on what? Last time Nadal beat Zverev on a hard court was 2017 and Zverev has improved tremendously since then.

In my opinion, Zverev will smack Nadal and may cause some trouble for Medvedev.

Based on the fact Zverev doesn’t win big games, Nadal in 3 or 4.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Well, that was some sort of day. Great for the unheralded Aussies in O'Connell and Inglis, especially Chris by beating the 11th seed. yes, Diego was underdone but you still have to win it. Also saw a lot of shocks. Darkhorse Kontaveit was beaten by young gun Tauson, The always dangerous Muguruza got beaten by veteran Cornet and Murray didn't quite back up and got beat by unfancied Taro Daniel. We also said goodbye to Sam Stosur and injury got rid of Rybakina. And day 5 has some ripping matches as well

Weather. 31, Sunny. Winds north 15-20K shifting to a southerly 25-30K.

RLA
11am
Azarenka-Svitolina (WOW)
Krejcikova-Ostapenko (WOW)
Alcaraz-Berrettini (WOW)
7pm
Barty-Giorgi
Nadal-Khachanov

MCA
11am
Parrizas-Pegula
Kostyuk-Badosa
Shapovalov-Opelka
7pm
Osaka-Anisimova (WOW)
Karatsev-Mannarino

John Cena
Mens Doubles
Kudermetova - Sakkari
Stosur Womens doubles
Zverev - Albot

Draws(this side only)
Kecmanovic vs. [25] Sonego
[17] Monfils vs. [16] Garín

Korda vs. [19] Carreño Busta
[31] Alcaraz vs. [7] Berrettini

[3] Zverev vs. [Q] Albot
[23] Opelka vs. [14] Shapovalov

[6] Nadal vs. [28] Khachanov
Mannarino vs. [18] Karatsev
[1] Barty vs. [30] Giorgi
[13] Osaka vs. Anisimova

Parrizas vs. [21] Pegula
[28] Kudermetova vs. [5] Sakkari

[4] Krejcikova vs. [28] Ostapenko
[24] Azarenka vs. [15] Svitolina

Keys vs. Wang Q
[8] Badosa vs. Kostyuk
Geech, Day 3 was boring with nothing happening and no upsets. Well, this day is our reward. Look at that day session. We get our first look at Alcaraz on CC and I think he will beat Berrettini. He looks scary good already. You can see Nadal in the kid. Think Azarenka will get the better of Svitolina and Krejcikova should do the same to Ostapenko. For Barty fans, Giorgi is super dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if that one is very tight. They played here in 2018 and it was 3 sets then and an awful lot of comments about Giorgi's looks. I am expecting the same. Barty will have to be at her slicing best. The Kia match between Monfils and Garin is my floater as a super fun match with a great crowd atmosphere with the Chilians and, well it is Monfils.

Match of the Day
For me, it is Osaka Anisimova. Anisimova made the French Semis, had barty nearly on toast in that match and had the world at her feet. Then her dad died, she got injured and now she is the 60th ranked player in the world. We all know about Osaka and her record on Harcourt and her hardships in the last year. The winner of this plays Barty-Giorgi. The draw is heating up. I go for Osaka in 3.

All matches can be found here

HOT!!!! day session on RLA today, will be unmissable viewing. I think ill be on the split screen for Barty and Osaka matches tonight, looking like a great day ahead.

My early tips for RLA matches today, Svitolina, Ostapenko and Berretini.

I Think animisova will really challenge Osaka, not quite sure shes good enough though. Barty will win in 3

The crowd needs to shut the fu** up with this Ronaldo sh*t.

It's lame as fu** at this point and just not funny.
Yep, like the whistling that used to go on with Cyclops. Just how long do people intend to persist with lame and unfunnny responses even when pretty much everyone else just wishes they’d STFU.

Unfortunately, probably a while.

Yep, like the whistling that used to go on with Cyclops. Just how long do people intend to persist with lame and unfunnny responses even when pretty much everyone else just wishes they’d STFU.

Unfortunately, probably a while.

I just don't understand how this has caught on in Australia either?

Ronaldo has been doing that celebration for about 6 or 7 years now. Crowd interaction is great, but this better not turn into the Vuvuzelas....

Barty has had a couple of pushovers in the first two rounds. Giorgi is more polished than them but Barty should account.

Can Osaka lose, please? Anisimova will be a challenge. If not today, then perhaps Sunday in the probable showdown. This side of the draw is hot! Halep is getting a ride in lower half, but hey that's women's tennis. The seedings don't seem to mean too much.

Berettini Alcaraz is the big one in the mens. The latter is growing fast. He and Sinner look the pick of the next-next gen

Barty has had a couple of pushovers in the first two rounds. Giorgi is more polished than them but Barty should account.

Can Osaka lose, please? Anisimova will be a challenge. If not today, then perhaps Sunday in the probable showdown. This side of the draw is hot! Halep is getting a ride in lower half, but hey that's women's tennis. The seedings don't seem to mean too much.

Berettini Alcaraz is the big one in the mens. The latter is growing fast. He and Sinner look the pick of the next-next gen

If this Open proves one thing it is that Wimbledon are correct. Can we use discretionary seedings from now on. Osaka should be seeded 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple crackers in the early session on RLA today

Svitolina vs Azarenka, Alcaraz vs Berretini

Azarenka is unwatchable. It sounds like she is going into labour every time she hits the ball.

I walked out of RLA a few years ago after about two games of her match. It's insufferable. And it's cheating. Monica Seles has a lot to answer for given she started this crap.

Giorgi should be good prep for an Osaka/Barty match. She is a shot maker and can hit some big winners.

Not sure that Anisimova can even take a set off Osaka.

A great line-up on RLA today and hopefully the Berretini match finishes just before the Special K doubles starts on Kia Arena (not before 5pm).

Hopefully the soccer fans stay away today.

A couple crackers in the early session on RLA today

Svitolina vs Azarenka, Alcaraz vs Berretini

Azarenka comfortable on form the mens match who knows I’ll go Berrentini but that’s a toss up

Azarenka is unwatchable. It sounds like she is going into labour every time she hits the ball.

I walked out of RLA a few years ago after about two games of her match. It's insufferable. And it's cheating. Monica Seles has a lot to answer for given she started this crap.
I blame monica sales lol

I can't stand watching Azarenka play tennis. Sabalenka and her over do the grunting

I blame monica sales lol

I can't stand watching Azarenka play tennis. Sabalenka and her over do the grunting

You should have gone to an Azarenka vs Sharapova match lol

Back