• Tsitsipas in 3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Tsitsipas in 4/5

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So weird
The most thrilling game with Nick and the kokka. Playing a blistering entertaining game with some incredible shots placed by Kokka.
And yet...no comments...nada.
Yet? You get endless crap about obscure grunting unwatchable players all day long.
It's like some tennis die hards are deliberately cultish and anti-aussie whenever possible.

Well, stuff youse all! :D
And go Nick and Kokka!
Brilliant tennis.
Need to be special in the deciding set

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Yesterday was a day of upsets. We said goodbye to two dark horses in Sakkari and Badosa. Said goodbye to a former 2-time champ. But the biggest one was Shapovalov beating Zverev. Zverev was 2nd/3rd fav for the title and to be beaten in 3 straight sets was a major shock. Shapovalov is an underrated player. This is his 3rd deep run at a grand slam, each at a different major. Once again, Collins is centre stage in the first match on RLA. obviously, Tiley is a Collins lover. He has made a lot worst decisions in the last month

Weather: 33C Hot, humid and mostly sunny. Winds 15-20

Rod Laver Arena
11am
[27] Collins vs. [19] Mertens
[14] Halep vs. Cornet
[32] De Minaur vs [11] Sinner
7pm
[20] Fritz vs. [4] Tsitsipas
Kanepi vs. [2] Sabalenka

Margaret Court Arena
2pm
Cressy vs.[2] Medvedev
5:30pm
[7] Swiatek vs. Cirstea

John Cena Arena
2pm
[27] Cilic vs.[9] Auger-Aliassime

i reckon De Minaur asked to pay at the hottest part of the day. Tsitsipas wont mind having the night session. Fritz on a super-fast hot court would be a much harder task. Collins and Mertens will be close. Thinking Collins is a heated match. Halep should account for Cornet and De Minaur is up against it in Sinner. He need to make it a marathon against the ginger Italian. If Sabalenka can serve under 10 double faults, she should win easily. Cilic FAA is a ripping matchup, especially if Cilic does what he did 2 nights ago. Would be some watch on the last day of action at John Cena. there is a bunch of doubles action going on as we near the end of singles competitions.

Match of the day
Think this is a real 50/50. Tsitsipas leads the head to head 2-0. Fritz is a dangerous player, who went closest to beating Novak last year. I think the court suits him with his big serve and powerful forehand. Tsitsipas preparation was very iffy with genuine doubt about if he would fit enough to play with a sore elbow troubling him. I reckon Fritz is ripe for a breakthrough slam and I think he will do it here in prime time in a late nighter.

[32] De Minaur vs [11] Sinner
[27] Cilic vs.[9] Auger-Aliassime (edit later)
Cressy vs.[2] Medvedev
--------------------------------
[17] Monfils vs [19] Carreño Busta vs. [7] Berrettini
[14] Shapovalov vs [6] Nadal
[27] Collins vs. [19] Mertens
[14] Halep vs. Cornet
[7] Swiatek vs. Cirstea
Kanepi vs. [2] Sabalenka
-----------------------------------
[1] Barty vs. [21] Pegula
[4] Krejcikova vs. Keys vs.

I hope Halep wins

Not fussed who wins this match, like watching both. This is the stage where I like the Grand Slams, and especially after today the soccer hooligans will be gone

BobbyMorri The Collins match being first on RLA would be because she's American and ESPN would want her in prime time. Nothing to do with Tiley

Little odd the men's match is not later on John Cain arena

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's annoying that the men's matches are scheduled around the same time.
It’s always the way they should have a mens and woman’s at the same time so you can choose which you’d rather watch, though prob 99% of ppl would choose the mens match, that’s prob why they do it that way.

Back