BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers

ummm jobs for the boys :think:
Wrote the same. Clint McKay as white ball bowling coach and Dan Vettori assistant to Ronnie are two good appointments imo. Dan has been around Aussie cricket in the past while Andre Borovec is a bit of an unknown.

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
After some conjecture over the Lankan tour being called off due to economic unrest in the sub cont island state, CA confirms it is a go and the squad will be jet bound next week.

Last edited:

Australia XI for first T20I v Sri Lanka: Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Steve Smith, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade (wk), Ashton Agar, Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson, Josh Hazlewood

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don't see the hate for Smith or dislike of his selection, i think it's more about getting him up the order rather than down, he's been told in this article.

No more Mr Fix-it: Smith given license in new T20 role

There is no "you'll be Mr.Fix it" where he comes out and plays negatively. He's a naturally positive player, so it's been an odd decision, especially with how good he's been lately in the ODIs, i still remember both his 60 ball tons in the ODIs against India.

Yup playing there mates jobs for the boys

Really smith at 5 sorry no way I can see him in this team unless he opens and even then still don’t think he is the best option for that

33 year old just get him to concentrate on tests and odi please not t20

It’s a complete waste of time. Ideally you’d have Inglis keep and David in as the finisher down the order

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It’s a complete waste of time. Ideally you’d have Inglis keep and David in as the finisher down the order
If i had my choice of a T20 XI i'd go
Smith (Finch is done imo)
Warner
Marsh
Maxwell
Inglis (WKP)
Stoinis
David

Bowlers from:
Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Jhye Richardson, Riley Meredith, Agar.

I am not including Kane Richo cause i don't like him.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
What does annoy me is that they are not picking Smith based on recent t20 form that I could understand just a little it but.....just picking him with no form in this format whatsoever just irks me.

If Smith had played in the IPL recently and done well then I could understand but this is just based on jobs for the boys and reputation. I don't like it you need to earn your spot regardless who you are IMO.

Like look at David killing at atm looks like a genuine hitter/matchwinner plus Inglis has done nothing wrong in t20 so far. These two lads show be given every opportunity with the world t20 coming up.

frustrating

Apr 27, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wests Tigers, Everton
What does annoy me is that they are not picking Smith based on recent t20 form that I could understand just a little it but.....just picking him with no form in this format whatsoever just irks me.

If Smith had played in the IPL recently and done well then I could understand but this is just based on jobs for the boys and reputation. I don't like it you need to earn your spot regardless who you are IMO.

Like look at David killing at atm looks like a genuine hitter/matchwinner plus Inglis has done nothing wrong in t20 so far. These two lads show be given every opportunity with the world t20 coming up.

frustrating

Yep Inglis to take Finch’s spot as opener (and keep) and David at 5 instead of Smith and that top 7 is perfect. Marsh captain.

Hopefully we see a couple of tweaks before the WC.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Decent fight back from Aus-A.

Aaron Hardie is shaping up as a pretty interesting prospect.

He looks test standard to me.

Averaging 44 with the bat and 24 with the ball so far in FC cricket.

Amazingly Australia could have two young test quality all-rounders at the same time after the long search.

If Green can further cement his batting in the top 6, it will make playing two of them much easier.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
I was quite surprised to see Philippe keeping for Aus A with Peirson in the team (at slip), would've thought Peirson was the better gloveman albeit haven't seen much of Philippe in the longer form.

Like the look of Todd Murphy as well and Kuhnemann would've come from the clouds to play ODI cricket if he gets a game.

I was quite surprised to see Philippe keeping for Aus A with Peirson in the team (at slip), would've thought Peirson was the better gloveman albeit haven't seen much of Philippe in the longer form.

Like the look of Todd Murphy as well and Kuhnemann would've come from the clouds to play ODI cricket if he gets a game.
Pierson just came into the XI after Head was called up to the ODI squad.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Squads out today for the tour in June-July which comprises 3 T20Is, 5 ODIs and 2 Tests.

Australia T20 squad: Aaron Finch (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Josh Hazlewood, Josh Inglis, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Mitchell Swepson, Matthew Wade, David Warner

Australia ODI squad: Aaron Finch (c), Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner

Australia Test squad: Pat Cummins (c), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith (vc), Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner

There will also be an A team squad to play against Sri Lanka A in 2 OD games and 2 FC games:

Australia A squad: Sean Abbott, Scott Boland, Peter Handscomb, Aaron Hardie, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Henry Hunt, Josh Inglis, Matthew Kuhnemann, Nic Maddinson, Todd Murphy, Josh Philippe, Matt Renshaw, Jhye Richardson, Tanveer Sangha, Mark Steketee

Australia A winning by +300

Decent fight back from Aus-A.

Aaron Hardie is shaping up as a pretty interesting prospect.

He looks test standard to me.

Averaging 44 with the bat and 24 with the ball so far in FC cricket.

Amazingly Australia could have two young test quality all-rounders at the same time after the long search.

If Green can further cement his batting in the top 6, it will make playing two of them much easier.

It’s really only been half a season for Hardie - so let’s let him do it for an extended period

He’s an exciting talent - and he delivered in a final - but all it is at this stage is a nice bit of form

But fingers crossed he keeps improving

Back