Australia test squad for NZ tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury will only result in change to Aust starting XI for both these NZ tests.....however a NZ series win, might result in a fair few of Aust test boys, actually playing shield in the lead up to the India series this summer.....which in all honesty needs to happen for change to occur.

If Aust wins this series, then the 1st test starting XI v India will be a given, regardless of who did what and who didn't do a thing.

Unsurprising line up, glad for Neser. Was hoping the May fast track Bartlett in as he should suit over there, but as others have mentioned it seems unlikely any of the reserves will play.

Unsurprising line up, glad for Neser. Was hoping the May fast track Bartlett in as he should suit over there, but as others have mentioned it seems unlikely any of the reserves will play.
Surely it would have been better to leave Boland here and select Bartlett to get experience around the squad.Why take 5 fast bowlers any way?

Surely it would have been better to leave Boland here and select Bartlett to get experience around the squad.Why take 5 fast bowlers any way?
yeah boland/neser only gonna play if there's an injury that comes out of the 1st test.

i think boland has played his last test.

by the time next summer rolls around the likes of morris, johnson jhye , bartlett may well be above him in the pecking order.

yeah boland/neser only gonna play if there's an injury that comes out of the 1st test.

i think boland has played his last test.

by the time next summer rolls around the likes of morris, johnson jhye , bartlett may well be above him in the pecking order.
Agree with all that, except I think Jhye, Neser and Boland May all be done.

Pretty crazy not taking a back up keeper in the days of concussion subs. I suppose we will keep doing it until we get burned.

we don't traditionally take 2 keepers to NZ.

same deal as if the test was in OZ - if there's a concussion , then one of the current XI would wicket keep for the remainder of the game.

we can then fly a keeper over for the 2nd test as its only a few hour flight.

1707463855779.png

we don't traditionally take 2 keepers to NZ.

same deal as if the test was in OZ - if there's a concussion , then one of the current XI would wicket keep for the remainder of the game.

we can then fly a keeper over for the 2nd test as its only a few hour flight.

View attachment 1901811
Who would you have fill in during the match? Now that Warner's gone, there's no one really semi capable of doing it in that squad.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back