Australia tour of Bangladesh 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Dead set this is so humiliating I am loathe to post any more. I know I am like a broken record but how long do we want to face embarrassment when we play against good spinners in good away spinning conditions. CA has to get more serious . Instead of holding Academy camps for our spinners every year, additionally hold them for our weakest state spin players too. Our spinners can hold their own on spin friendly decks our batsmen can not.

Last edited:
Dead set this is so humiliating I am loathe to post any more. I know I am like a broken record but how long do want to face embarrassment when we play against good spinners in good spinning conditions. CA has to get more serious . Instead of holding Academy camps for our spinners every year, additionally hold them for our weakest state spin players too. Our spinners can hold their own on spin friendly decks our batsmen can not.

Makes me wonder wtf is happening during Net sessions ...Do Zampa and Agar just clean up the batters when bowling in the nets???....what is the plan when they are in training....because whatever it is it's not working.

Not only our white ballers. To be brutally honest I care far more how our red ball blokes go against spin. We have a four tester in India next November. You can bet they will doctor their decks same as they did against the Poms this year.. as they know that is the best way they can win their home matches and series. Personally I wanna see the ICC crack down on pitch doctors. Poms have always done same tho no one can predict weather conditions which play a big part when playing over there. Do we doctor our decks. No we serve up roads which play into the hands of India and other sub continentals. If India is permitted to continue to ambush us with doctored pitches we need to do same. Make all our Test decks either greentops or hard, fast and bouncy.

Last edited:
Dead set this is so humiliating I am loathe to post any more. I know I am like a broken record but how long do we want to face embarrassment when we play against good spinners in good spinning conditions. CA has to get more serious . Instead of holding Academy camps for our spinners every year, additionally hold them for our weakest state spin players too. Our spinners can hold their own on spin friendly decks our batsmen can not.

To be fair, we (Bangladesh) got five of our seven wickets from our quicks this time. But yes, the Australian batting against spin in the first match really something to behold.

Broadly agree that there's no excuse for either SC teams or SENA(WI) teams to be so useless in unfamiliar conditions. Half the cricketing world plays on slow, turning decks and half the world plays on decks that offer more to quicks in the form of seam or bounce. It should basically be a prerequisite in every country that elite player programs get them ready for that variation somehow.

Not only our white ballers. To be brutally honest i care far more how our red ball blokes go against spin. We have a four tester in India next November. You can bet they will doctor their decks same as they did against the Poms this year.. as they know that is the best way they win their home matches and series. Personally I wanna see the ICC crack down on pitch doctors. Poms have always done same tho no one can predict weather conditions which play a big part when playing over there. Do we doctor our decks. No we serve up roads which play into the hands of India and other sub continentals. If India is permitted to continue to ambush us with doctored pitches we need to do same. Make all our Test decks either greentops or hard, fast and bouncy.

I can confirm that I've seen New Zealand prepare pitches for Bangladesh that had a tinge nearly as green as the outfield, and tracks in South Africa that bounced chest high off a good length. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, and preparing pitches that favour the home team is a practice as old as cricket.

The only issue is when pitches have inconsistencies such as variable bounce, which turn batting into a survival game. Which, from what I've seen, the ICC actually have cracked down on. The Dhaka and Chittagong pitches were served with infractions in recent years, which has hastened the death of the sort of minefields that we beat you on in the first test in 2017. As a result of those infractions, Deshi pitches now turn square as they ought to but the bounce is more predictable.

I'm going to stay out of the already polarised debate on those India-England pitches (and suffice to say I'm on a different side of it than you're likely to be) and I'm not sure how they were dealt with by the ICC, but I think Indian pitches from recent years have been a lot more natural than the ones that were produced in the first half of the last decade.

And it's hardly an act of ambush to prepare friendly decks for the home side. I've seen with my own eyes that every team - including New Zealand, South Africa and West Indies, certainly not just South Asian teams and England - does it. As long as the bounce isn't variable and some degree of reward for good batsmanship is available, it's fine. It's not on anyone else that Australian decks are basically turgid stretches of the Hume Highway transplanted into its cricket grounds.

NB: I should add that with all 8 matches being played on the same pitch in this series due to COVID considerations, there will certainly be variable bounce and other inconsistencies on this deck as the series progresses, which is unfortunate.

Last edited:
I can confirm that I've seen New Zealand prepare pitches for Bangladesh that had a tinge nearly as green as the outfield, and tracks in South Africa that bounced chest high off a good length. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, and preparing pitches that favour the home team is a practice as old as cricket.

The only issue is when pitches have inconsistencies such as variable bounce, which turn batting into a survival game. Which, from what I've seen, the ICC actually have cracked down on. The Dhaka and Chittagong pitches were served with infractions in recent years, which has hastened the death of the sort of minefields that we beat you on in the first test in 2017. As a result of those infractions, Deshi pitches now turn square as they ought to but the bounce is more predictable.

I'm going to stay out of the already polarised debate on those India-England pitches (and suffice to say I'm on a different side of it than you're likely to be) and I'm not sure how they were dealt with by the ICC, but I think Indian pitches from recent years have been a lot more natural than the ones that were produced in the first half of the last decade.

And it's hardly an act of ambush to prepare friendly decks for the home side. I've seen with my own eyes that every team - including New Zealand, South Africa and West Indies, certainly not just South Asian teams and England - does it. As long as the bounce isn't variable and some degree of reward for good batsmanship is available, it's fine. It's not on anyone else that Australian decks are basically turgid stretches of the Hume Highway transplanted into its cricket grounds.

The WACA and Optus go alright..nice fast bouncy decks

Aside from the "doctored" debate, this tickled me. Check out the deck that was on offer for Bradman's last innings. Basically a bowling green in its mid-section, with both end-sections more or less resembling the surface of the moon. Leaving aside Bradman's unique heroics, the fact that these blokes were making scores in the same range as today's players do, on decks like this is really something remarkable.

1628134152383.png

Why then cant we do same with Adelaide and Melbourne too. So then we will have all our Test decks uniformly fast, hard and bouncy.. giving us decks we cut our teeth on and unfamiliar ones to our opponents..

It'd be ******* amazing!

Not only our white ballers. To be brutally honest I care far more how our red ball blokes go against spin. We have a four tester in India next November. You can bet they will doctor their decks same as they did against the Poms this year.. as they know that is the best way they can win their home matches and series. Personally I wanna see the ICC crack down on pitch doctors. Poms have always done same tho no one can predict weather conditions which play a big part when playing over there. Do we doctor our decks. No we serve up roads which play into the hands of India and other sub continentals. If India is permitted to continue to ambush us with doctored pitches we need to do same. Make all our Test decks either greentops or hard, fast and bouncy.

We beat you folks in your doctored bouncy pitches 'crickey mate.' Pitches matter less, talent is not in Australian side. I have more talent in my pinky finger than current Aussie batting line up.

Dead set this is so humiliating I am loathe to post any more. I know I am like a broken record but how long do we want to face embarrassment when we play against good spinners in good away spinning conditions. CA has to get more serious . Instead of holding Academy camps for our spinners every year, additionally hold them for our weakest state spin players too. Our spinners can hold their own on spin friendly decks our batsmen can not.

it's across the board in our cricket, can't play spin or swing. is it coaching, personnel (both?), lack of suitable conditions to prepare? whatever it is, we're no closer to figuring out the solution(s). and we're still crap at T20I (or it is officially IT20 now?)

it's across the board in our cricket, can't play spin or swing. is it coaching, personnel (both?), lack of suitable conditions to prepare? whatever it is, we're no closer to figuring out the solution(s). and we're still crap at T20I (or it is officially IT20 now?)
Talent pool has also gotten smaller. Cricket has become less popular. More competition for young talented athletes with Cricket losing out a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't watched a ball of this and barely any of the WI tour, hard for me to get excited about Australian cricket now given we barely play the games truest form.
You can't even watch this series in Aus anyway.

:think:

India won't do that.

They tried it against us last time and it cost them in Pune because our sub continental bowling actually isn't too bad

They'll do their other strategy which is flat wickets that eventually spin with hopes that Pujara/Kohli can ensure their side makes 400+ while our lineup is skittled for around 300 regardless of what a road it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back