Australia tour of Bangladesh 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

We are so embarrassing. Really should be getting heavy media criticism.
yep can be guaranteed if the Olympics wasnt on or if we were playing India/England would have definitely got more media attention.

In a way , it may offer a lifeline for these players to retain or win back their spots before the world T20 later on this year.

Hasn’t played many t20 and I would back Cameron over the guys representing Australia atm in t20 cricket

Needs to do it domestically first. We need more hitters not less.

Well looks like they are trying to get more games in against Sri Lanka and the West Indies in Sri Lanka … let’s hope they can because we need it

Lol can’t wait for the duds to get rolled to 50 next time

P.S.: You can use the same meme when we inevitably collapse on a seaming wicket in the next test in the Ind-Eng series:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Bangladeshi taxi driver was very happy last night, he didn't even charge me at first but still I gave him £5 as a kind gesture then he got angry and charged me full amount and took the £5 too :'(

I still have a question mark over M Marsh against better bowling attacks..........he too is no cert in my team, despite a solid series.....

Far out what more do you want?....Mitch has scored runs against one of the best nations ever at t20 cricket the West Indies and scored runs in the dustbowl of Bangladesh

Plus he takes wickets with the ball.... basically he has been the only consistent player in both tours....

He has done enough to be picked in the starting 11 come t20 WC

Far out what more do you want?....Mitch has scored runs against one of the best nations ever at t20 cricket the West Indies and scored runs in the dustbowl of Bangladesh

Plus he takes wickets with the ball.... basically he has been the only consistent player in both tours....

He has done enough to be picked in the starting 11 come t20 WC

Should be at number 3 or 4 in the WC. Either one not fussed whether him or Maxwell bat 3 or 4.

Well looks like they are trying to get more games in against Sri Lanka and the West Indies in Sri Lanka … let’s hope they can because we need it
3 T20Is v Sri Lanka and a T20I tri-series hosted by Afghanistan with West Indies, as per the future tours program. More cricket that Australia probably won't be able to watch on tv.

3 T20Is v Sri Lanka and a T20I tri-series hosted by Afghanistan with West Indies, as per the future tours program. More cricket that Australia probably won't be able to watch on tv.

Praise on earth it’s not being televised lol

Compare that with their Big Bash stats from last season:

Marsh Avg: 39.37 SR: 147.88
Henriques: Avg: 38.75 SR: 155.00
Wade Avg: 35.00 SR: 187.50
Finch Avg: 13.76 SR: 113.29
Christian Avg: 34.00 SR: 182.55
McDermott Avg: 36.54 SR: 139.58
Carey Avg: 32.69 SR: 122.12
Turner Avg: 22.80 SR: 152.00
Philippe Avg: 31.75 SR: 149.41

The pitches haven't helped on this tour but the step up in class from BBL to international T20s is huge and only getting bigger. Lucky the BBL is for entertainment because the playing quality is super poor.

Someone answer a baffling question for me. WHY did CA spend three years and tonnes of time and money on building sub continental type decks up at the NCC?
There's still a difference between respectable subcontinental pitches and s**t subcontinental pitches, for a start.

Secondly, they didn't do it for limited overs cricket, if we're to take ICC regulations at all seriously.

iccpitch.png

Interesting that when there's a boring Boxing Day Test draw, people fall over themselves to blame the pitch and call for it to be played elsewhere.

But in a five-match T20I series at Shab-e-Bangla where even the home team is struggling to score 6 an over, it's just Australian cricket in crisis.

Compare that with their Big Bash stats from last season:

Marsh Avg: 39.37 SR: 147.88
Henriques: Avg: 38.75 SR: 155.00
Wade Avg: 35.00 SR: 187.50
Finch Avg: 13.76 SR: 113.29
Christian Avg: 34.00 SR: 182.55
McDermott Avg: 36.54 SR: 139.58
Carey Avg: 32.69 SR: 122.12
Turner Avg: 22.80 SR: 152.00
Philippe Avg: 31.75 SR: 149.41

The pitches haven't helped on this tour but the step up in class from BBL to international T20s is huge and only getting bigger. Lucky the BBL is for entertainment because the playing quality is super poor.
No doubt the BBL quality has gone down a few pegs in the last couple of seasons. It's been the international players that have held the standards up .

Not having the best Australian players available also makes a huge difference to the product.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back